Young Hunters Competition

Guest traceyg

hello all.i am dean this is my first time on this.that is a pictre of me with my mumsboy frined

he loves fishing and for pike and other fish

when he moved in he was allways on about his ferrets when he was young

he has taken me fishin loads of times and i like it

when he said he was geten ferrets iwas very happy even tho i was not sure what they where but he shoud me them on utube

when he got them me and my sister called them alvin simion thedor

they were great fun runin about the house and playful he had to build to houses for them

we have only been out ferreting two times and now i love it

the first time he took me out we trid a lot of holes with lots of nets but did not catch anything

last sunday we went out agin and when the holes were neted he let me put the ferrtes in the holes

i had too wacth 3 holes and i could here a feret fighing in one of my holes and the net had gone i jumped down and could see a ribbit in the net i tried to pull it out it was hard but i got it out but the ferret was bitting its face i tried to take the rabbit out of the net but caint

i shought out for naill to help me and he came and killid the rabbit and netted the hole

then another big rabbit came out of another hole and he got it that was all we got that day

so i am the king cause i go the first rabbit ever

when we got home he shouled me how to skin and take the guts ot of the rabbits but idont think i will be doing that for a while

now i cant wait till saturday till we go again

this is my story

dean c

DSCF7855.jpg

Edited by niall_b73

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young hunters competition

We have another competition for all the young hunters aged 16 or under to take part in, with the chance to win a fantastic book ( Trap Making Step by Step) kindly donated by John b . We would like to hear all about your hunting experiences be it snaring, ferreting, fishing, shooting, lamping, trapping etc. The young hunter doesn’t have to be a member of the hunting life as long as one of their parents is. But it has got to be in the young hunters own words (don’t worry about spelling or punctuation just no text talk please) all entries to be posted by 30th September.

John b and myself will judge the entries and will award the prize to the story we like the best. Please pm your story's to me T/G

Good Luck to you all.

Hiya i was five years old when my dad bought me my first riffle it was the Hair Arms S400 i fink. I shot my 1st bunnie wabbit leaning on the bottom bar on a 6 bar gate wit a sharp fud i hit it in the ed. I shoted fre that day an i havin looked back since i love it lots an lots an am goin wamping tommowow in the dark with a torch. . Please can i have the book because it will make good practice for my weading many Fanks hugs an kisses Aimee. . . . xx

post-19424-1254341854_thumb.jpg

post-19424-1254341907_thumb.jpg

post-19424-1254341925_thumb.jpg

Edited by Single Handed. .

Firstly I want thanks all those that took the time to enter - I enjoyed reading all of them and it takes guts to put stick your neck out for something like this. Tracey and I have tried to judge the entries by the spirit and enthusiasm of the stories and by the images that they conjure up. We’ve taken no notice of the spelling or grammar and to be honest in many cases the voice of the young hunter comes through much more strongly when it’s written just how they would normally speak it.

In the end it came down to two stories:

Aaronpigeonplucker – reading this you could really be sat there under the hedge with him.

ALANTANNOCK – for the sheer eagerness that was so strong in the story. You could feel how excited he was to be going out for that first time.

I’d also like to mention CoursingMad and kx100 who both made me laugh out loud and Dean (c/o Niall_B73) who put in an excellent effort for a lad of 12.

So after some difficult thinking I have decided to give away two copies – congratulations Aaron & Alan. Please PM me your address.

could you not spare a couple more copies for the rest seeing as there were only a few ..........

niall_b73

;)

I tell you what - I'm not going to give a copy to everyone that entered because that would spoil it for the winners. Instead Tracey and I will have a think about another competition and I'll put another copy up as a prize again.

How's that ?