my 1st goose

hi guys got my 1st goose yesterday and was wondering how long to cook it for and whats an easy and simple way to make it.

any help would be great. will put a post up tonight with info and a pic of it as the pics on my mrs fone.

thanks sean

19092009546.jpg

19092009545.jpg

Edited by ferreting1888

Either go for the whole roast or the covered roast crown.......

I sizzle mine in the hottest oven for about 20-30 mins then turn right down to about GM 5 or 150 for a while.

Aim to serve well done legs but medium breast meat.......

Really important to let it rest afterwards under foil for a good 30 mins before serving

What species is it?

Either go for the whole roast or the covered roast crown.......

I sizzle mine in the hottest oven for about 20-30 mins then turn right down to about GM 5 or 150 for a while.

Aim to serve well done legs but medium breast meat.......

Really important to let it rest afterwards under foil for a good 30 mins before serving

What species is it?

Clues in the title Tom :thumbs:

sorry...did not notice the title....well done on the goose with that lead load..... it can be done...just nae wise!.......hopefully it was a short ranger

My mate was out topping up feeders at the very end of last season...he was at the top of a hill and had just stepped out of the car when he heard "wink wink"...

He turned around and there was a solitary pink heading in his direction no more than 20 yards up.....he grabbed his sons 20 bore and shuffed in a couple of shells...bang....and it crumples into the field behind him....his lab brings back a dead goose.....

Not bad for a 21gram load of 7's!

I like to hang the birds too but for ducks and geese I like to draw them asap after the kill and with diving ducks I try to bleed them as well