Theoben or AirArms

dont like theoben triggers, should be better for the money you pay out

Yes, they should be better. But the reason they are not is that the standard trigger unit on a Theoben is a BSA Mercury trigger. BSA ask £10-00 Theo and Ben ask £70-00.

Theobens success is down to the fact that they adopted an aggresive sales/advertising policy in the '90's when the sales of PCP's really took off. I am not saying they are bad, Simply overpriced and overated. Regards. J.H.S.

P.S. I love the post by "Sorley x" in this thread. "If you can afford a Thoeben buy a Daystate"!!! Well said and thank you for pointing that out Mr. Sorley

Edited by Jane Doe

bugger im aqbout to buy a rapid 17! am thinking maybe i have made bad choice. i wanted it for the extra shots and air capacity. i get kind of fed up loading mags its so fiddly. well i will keep it for a little while and see what i reckon and give verdict. but to be hounest im really chuffed with wuzzys daystate harrier ive just acquired its excellent i may well sell nearly all my guns and keep that. if i was to go for a daystate multi what are peoples opinions? is there one i should go for especially? its just going to be for hunting

My friend and I both aquired new airguns in May of this year, he opted for a top of the range Theoben I opted for a Daystate MK4 in a .20. Now bare in mind that for the past 13 years I'd very happily shot a Theoben. My friends Theoben is a very nice rifle and he shots very well and accurately with it. He gets more shots per cylinder than I do.

However, the level of finish on the Daystate, the level of consistency, The handling are all far superior. The bolt action is in another stratosphere. I carry a spare mag so I can load one whilst having one ready in the rifle. All my expectations have been exceeded with this rifle. The Daystate is very pointable, i have the confidence to do many more free standing shots then ever before. In the last 24 hours I've shot 46 Collard Doves, a magpie, rabbit and carrion crow - predominantly headshots and out to 40 yards. In the first month I had theDaystate I shot 6 rabbits from one group before the last two twigged what was going on, this wasn't from a car this was just stalk and ambush.

There is nothing wrong with Theoben guns, I shot em for years and was always happy. The thing now is, when I'm out with the Daystate I feel like a kid discovery it all again, finding new levels and walking round with a daft grin because I can't believe how good the gun makes me shoot.

well i got the theoben today! ive got to admit im really happy with it i havent had a chance to take her out though its so wet theres no rabbits about and im taking my enduro out instead perfect weather for that! its a beast of a gun with a superb scope on it (falcon merlin) ill let you know the verdict after a good session with it but i havent a similar daystate to compare it with though so cant really give an opinion of which i prefer.

would it be possible to fit a weihrauch trigger to it? i doubt it is but itd be great if possible!