Advice needed

Help!

I've been considering getting a night vision unit for some time, for doing night inspections, and possibly some sport. I did some research, and the Yukon units looked good, and weren't too expensive. Part of the reason for choosing the one I did was that you can add on bits like a headset and riflescope.

Anyway, did a show last week with the Beagles, parading hounds, and sitting on the stand answering daft questions, and when we had a break, I wandered around the show and found a stand selling the exact unit I had been looking at. I bought the unit, and the chap on the stand said "don't take the end cap off in daylight", which I didn't. In fact, I didn't even take it out of the box. I did however, remove the instruction booklet, and spent the time between idiots asking "are you selling those puppies" ("they aren't puppies, they're beagles :doh:") reading it from cover to cover.

When I got home that night I was knackered after chasing hounds who were hell bent on eating every picnic on the showground, but took the unit outside and had a look. I live in a rural area, and there was little or no ambient light. The unit worked fine for about 1 minute, and then went off. I didn't worry too much, and put it away thinking I'd have another go one evening during the week.

This week has been busy, very busy in fact, and I've not given it another thought until last night. I took the unit outside and had another go, but couldn't get it to work at all. I've checked the battery (it was brand new and wrapped when I installed it), and cannot understand what is wrong.

Should I return it to the retailer? The problem I have is that I really need it now. I've just sold a big contract, and mentioned NV inspections in the quote, and the customer is excited and already asking when I'll be doing it. Should I ask for a refund and buy another unit? Or am I missing something obvious?

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Edited by Matt the Rat

Help!

I've been considering getting a night vision unit for some time, for doing night inspections, and possibly some sport. I did some research, and the Yukon units looked good, and weren't too expensive. Part of the reason for choosing the one I did was that you can add on bits like a headset and riflescope.

Anyway, did a show last week with the Beagles, parading hounds, and sitting on the stand answering daft questions, and when we had a break, I wandered around the show and found a stand selling the exact unit I had been looking at. I bought the unit, and the chap on the stand said "don't take the end cap off in daylight", which I didn't. In fact, I didn't even take it out of the box. I did however, remove the instruction booklet, and spent the time between idiots asking "are you selling those puppies" ("they aren't puppies, they're beagles :doh:") reading it from cover to cover.

When I got home that night I was knackered after chasing hounds who were hell bent on eating every picnic on the showground, but took the unit outside and had a look. I live in a rural area, and there was little or no ambient light. The unit worked fine for about 1 minute, and then went off. I didn't worry too much, and put it away thinking I'd have another go one evening during the week.

This week has been busy, very busy in fact, and I've not given it another thought until last night. I took the unit outside and had another go, but couldn't get it to work at all. I've checked the battery (it was brand new and wrapped when I installed it), and cannot understand what is wrong.

Should I return it to the retailer? The problem I have is that I really need it now. I've just sold a big contract, and mentioned NV inspections in the quote, and the customer is excited and already asking when I'll be doing it. Should I ask for a refund and buy another unit? Or am I missing something obvious?

Any help and advice gratefully received.

try new battery and if no good phone the dealer you got it off and then arange to send it back for replacment or refund