Squirrels everywhere...

i have shot the local wood almost non stop this year and i thought i had gotten the squirrel population under control...well..i hadnt..last week i only saw three in this area and i killed all of them....today, however, they were out in force... scoob ran off down the path and came to a steady point into a thin oak tree.....the rest, as they say, is history... for the squirrel!..

i ended up with 7 squirrels, a crow and a woodie...here are a few pics...

"Look what i got dad"

For a while i was confused, i missed a shot at a squig peeking round the branches at me....one minute it was at the top of the tree, the next it was laid on a horizontal branch...after a while it dawned that there was a brace in this large oak....not any more though... :D

"Stop eyeballin' me boy"......the last squirrel of the day was not happy... :D saw a few more that i feel i must got and get....i was outwitted by a pair of carrions too... :angry: saw a chaffinch building her nest and also saw a blackbird sitting and two new wren nests...first bluebell today too.... i love this time of year.. :yes:

Good shooting jon . Vimmy was excited [bANNED TEXT] he came up here saying what a place for squirrels The fact is we realy dont get that many it might be because of all the Raptors not sure realy. :good:

Shags i too have been watching a Chaffie carrying while out and about today.

I was suprised realy because you dont normaly see it down here until the start of next month. Saying that , i reckon a few are going down a bit earlier than usual and its been a good month since i found some Songthrush eggs.

The buzzard opposite my house is sitting also...in a nest that had the eggs robbed from it two years ago. Hopefully they will be ok this year and we'll have some yougsters flying about.

Blackie1.jpg

blackie sitting tight...........................................................................

Blackie2.jpg

Songthrush1.jpg

Songy sitting tight...........................................................................

Songthrush2.jpg

Lamps........