Any Ideas

standin! :icon_eek: thats the sort of groups i get kneeling!

Yep standing im telling you aaron the webley raider is the most under-rated gun ever made if you were to put it in a clamp so it can move about and shot 10 shots it would make a little .22 sized hole and all 10 wouldent touch the sides of that hole.

Richard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why dont we base it around the AAOC target comp that davy is taking part in.

10m springer.......open sights

10m springer....... scoped

as above over 25 m

10m pcp......prone

10m pcp.....standing

as above over 25m

target to be paper/card with a circle drawn around a 10p piece ??

covers most gun options

and hopefully most people can manage 25m in there gardens.

cheers

sean

Okay

Target the size of a new 5p at 25 Mtrs/Yrds Five shots only

(I'll have to be careful as I will do it while bunny boppin)

:secret: It will be shot under the "gotta check my zero at the start of each session after transporting the gun! " :secret:

Phantom

HI every one

i have just copied this form AAOC,and it may give you some help if we are gunna start a comp! maybe a monthly ting

but have a look at it and reply.

RULES

1, You must be a registered member of the T.H.L to compete in this competition.

2, Only sub' 12lb.ft air rifles can be used.

3, Targets may be shot indoors or outdoors.

4, Sub' 12lb.ft Classes. There are two classes for sub' 12lb.ft rifles;- P.C.P & spring, each split into ranges;- 10m (freestanding), 25m (3-pointed kneeling).

IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE DETAILS OF THE STANCES IN USE, PLEASE EMAIL AT THE USUAL ADDRESS.

6, IF YOU HAVE MAJOR DIFFICULTY USING THE 3-POINTED KNEELING STANCE FOR THE 25M DISTANCE DUE TO PAST OR PRESENT INJURY OR ILL HEALTH, THE 25M DISTANCE TARGET CAN BE SHOT FREESTANDING AS PER THE 10M DISTANCE, HOWEVER, PARTICIPANTS WILLING TO DO THIS MUST INFORM ME AT THE USUAL EMAIL ADDRESS IN ADVANCE THAT THE FREESTANDING STANCE WILL BE USED FOR THE 25M DISTANCE.

7, SCOPES & SIGHTS. You can use any type of scope, open sight, red dot sight, or diopter sight. HOWEVER, IF USING OPEN, RED DOT OR DIOPTER SIGHTS, PLEASE ADD 10% OF YOUR TOTAL ROUND SCORE. Scope magnification adjustments are allowed to suit your own preference. HOWEVER, Maximum magnification limits are in use if you are shooting from a reduced distance, using a reduced size target, at the 10m or 25m ranges, see rule 12.

8, SHOOTING PROCEEDURE. For all classes/ranges, one target per class/range. 10 shots at each target (unless shooting at a reduced distance, see rule 12). No practise shots at official target. No time limit for shooting targets.

9, SCORING (FULL SIZE TARGET).

1 point = blue circle.

2 points = white circle.

3 points = breaking outer edge of bull.

4 points = clean bull.

For shots breaking line score up (except breaking line of bull).

Maximum score per target = 40 points.

If using open, diopter or red dot sights add 10% of your total round score.

10, Each target, after completion, must be signed by a witness, (which does not have to be a shooter), or yourself.

11, In the event of a draw after the completion of the 7th round in any given class/range, all participants that are drawing with each other will shoot at a special target. The winner will be the shooter with the most points scored on this target.

12, Results will be posted for each class/range for each round, usually on the 8th of each month. A league table for each class/range will also be posted.

13, SHOOTING AT REDUCED DISTANCES.

At the 10m & 25m ranges, to accommodate shorter distances that may be available to competitors at home, a smaller target can be made available to the competitor. As well as a smaller target, a maximum scope magnification limit will apply and there may be a reduction in the amount of targets you can shoot at. See examples below;-

10m target distance shot from 8m = reduced target, max' scope magnification of 4x, maximum shots at target = 9.

25m target distance shot from 15m = reduced target, max' scope magnification of 5x, maximum shots at target = 9.

25m target distance shot from 18m = reduced target, max' scope magnification of 6x, maximum shots at target = 9.

25m target distance shot from 20m = reduced target, max' scope magnification of 6x, no reduction in shots at target.

These are just examples of what might be requested. When you request your target for shooting at a reduced distance, let me know what distance this will be & I'll work it out. Looking at it, the shortest distance for shooting the 25m range will be 15m.

Competitors wishing to participate at the 10m & 25m ranges at a reduced distance should email me at the usual email address for a reduced size target, stating the distance at which they will be shooting from & which range/section.

Stances for shooting at the reduced distance will be the same as the normal 10m & 25m stances.

There will have to be an absolute minimum distance though as it may become just too easy. We will cross this bridge when we come to it.

14, REQUESTING THE CORRECT TARGET.

There has been some problems with some of the requests for targets, so in order to try & make this easier & participants getting the correct target, please cut & paste the form below to your email, fill in the spaces,

TARGET REQUEST FORM

T.H.L USER NAME:

MEMBERS'S NAME: .

TARGET REQUIRED (10m, 25m OR BOTH):

DISTANCE TARGET WILL BE SHOT FROM:

15, After the competition umpire has received a completed target a receipt email will be sent to the sender. However, if you have not received the receipt email after around 2 or 3 days, inform the umpire by sending a "WAKE UP"!" email.

16, If you have an injury or disability & you cannot shoot the targets in the normal way, different sized targets, which may have scope magnification restrictions & altered stance rules, can be provided so you can participate. These rules may allow the use you to rest your arms to support your rifle, or artificial support, such as bi-pods or shooting sticks etc. Your injury/disability details should be notified to the competition umpire when you request your target. Please detail what would be the most difficult stance that you could use, then I can sort a target & stance to suit you.

regards

davy

or you can have a bit of fun,at shooting the numbers on a target from 1 to 9 on the orange targets with a black bull.

these numbers are in a cross hair format{you know the ones!} and its easy to do! well i say easy alot of patience is required & wind conditions.this way you could just take a pic of it and post it on simples!!

regards

davy

Well guy's I didn't see this before I went to the Cemy this evening, so heres my entry :victory:

I had to re-zero by a couple of clicks as I had increased the mag on the scope as I planned on some distance bunny sniping work :gunsmilie:

30 yards shot prone .22 cal 5p included for scale :clapper:

post-18667-1253394839.jpg

post-18667-1253394216.jpg

Oh and todays two victims one 45ish yard prone and a 10yard standing shot

post-18667-1253395252_thumb.jpg

Phantom