who is the best spanial trainer in the country

simon tyers is proberly the best, ian openshaw was hasnt realy got a good reputation with some big trainers about, he was putting springers over cocker to get big cockers and fiddling with the pedigrees. just a bit a info a picked up on a few months back when a went to buy a pup of a good trialing man

Dont rate Simon Tyres as a trainer nor a person.

simon tyers is proberly the best, ian openshaw was hasnt realy got a good reputation with some big trainers about, he was putting springers over cocker to get big cockers and fiddling with the pedigrees. just a bit a info a picked up on a few months back when a went to buy a pup of a good trialing man

Who are these "big trainers" you talk about?.There is no one that can hold a candle to openshaw.The stuff about the springers over the cockers,to get big cockers, is total rubbish,openshaw has some of the smallest cockers around :censored: Didn`t Ian offer a £1000 to a trialler to back up these stupid claims?,and the other trialler bottled it?

The stuff about the springers over the cockers,to get big cockers, is total rubbish

I couldnt agree more sounds like a bitter trialling man to me unfortunately no matter what your line of work is success, bring envy and in some cases jealousy and some people will do anything to discredit their rivals...

I dont know of anyone in the trialling world that works harder than Ian the man is just meticulous i think people like that will succeed in what ever walk of life they take no point being bitter as the old saying goes you only get out what you put in...

I don't understand the question. Do you mean who is best at training their own dogs? Or who is best at taking in other people spaniels to train? Or do you mean whio is best at teaching to train you own spaniel. There are lots of people who can train dogs to the highest level who can't teach for nuts. There are also lots of people who teach really well but don't compete for whatever reason.

So what is your question!

Edited by potshot

I don't understand the question. Do you mean who is best at training their own dogs? Or who is best at taking in other people spaniels to train? Or do you mean whio is best at teaching to train you own spaniel. There are lots of people who can train dogs to the highest level who can't teach for nuts. There are also lots of people who teach really well but don't compete for whatever reason.

pmsl good point potshot

"There are lots of people who can train dogs to the highest level who cant teach for nuts"......Hows that work then??? :hmm:

Some people have to class dogs but dont compete for 2 reasons......"To many stupid rules" and "the old pals act".... :yes:

"There are lots of people who can train dogs to the highest level who cant teach for nuts"......Hows that work then??? :hmm:

Some people have to class dogs but dont compete for 2 reasons......"To many stupid rules" and "the old pals act".... :yes:

there own

do u compete labtastic?

there own

do u compete labtastic?

No mate ive never had an interest in it.Know alot of people who do though. Robotic dogs scared to move an inch(not all) is not for me i'm afraid. Got 'picking up' dogs and not 'trailing' dogs............big difference :thumbs:

there own

do u compete labtastic?

No mate ive never had an interest in it.Know alot of people who do though. Robotic dogs scared to move an inch(not all) is not for me i'm afraid. Got 'picking up' dogs and not 'trailing' dogs............big difference :thumbs:

Cant really comment on Labs but I got a few friends who run and trail labs and pick up more than me but there dogs are intelligent and switched on but are 100 percent obediant but wouldnt call it robotic.I run springers and id rather take a thick as feck dog thats hundred percent obediant works close rather than 100 yrd beat in a straight line everytime will stop on a flush... stop on a dead bird leave it when told and take a runner in its place.

just my own opinion

there own

do u compete labtastic?

Cant really comment on Labs but I got a few friends who run and trail labs and pick up more than me but there dogs are intelligent and switched on but are 100 percent obediant but wouldnt call it robotic.I run springers and id rather take a thick as feck dog thats hundred percent obediant works close rather than 100 yrd beat in a straight line everytime will stop on a flush... stop on a dead bird leave it when told and take a runner in its place.

just my own opinion

Cant really comment on spaniels either mate as i am obviously a lab' man. What i mean by "robotic" is dogs that are trained in a way to compete in these competitions...they cant flinch without getting put out. :thumbdown:

My dogs are game finding dogs....yes they can do all the usual commands but they come into there own when finding birds with there noses and not with me showing them. :thumbs: