New Law On Lamping??

Just been informed by a man that knows , that the rules are aimed at the illegal lamping folk, dog and gun wise.

I heard that as well. I got the impression that they're getting a bit naffed of with people who think they have a right to enter anyones land and do what they like. Well what goes around comes around and likely there'll be a lot of dogs either put down or more likely thrown to stray out because they're no use any more and still need to be fed. :cry:

What about the idiots who stray on to peoples land and pepper foxes with .22LR/shotguns from stupid distances? I know as many shooters that stray as dogmen in my local area, with rifle & shotgun. Lets not turn this into another dogmen vs shooters thread...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been informed by a man that knows , that the rules are aimed at the illegal lamping folk, dog and gun wise.

I heard that as well. I got the impression that they're getting a bit naffed of with people who think they have a right to enter anyones land and do what they like. Well what goes around comes around and likely there'll be a lot of dogs either put down or more likely thrown to stray out because they're no use any more and still need to be fed. :cry:

What about the idiots who stray on to peoples land and pepper foxes with .22LR/shotguns from stupid distances? I know as many shooters that stray as dogmen in my local area, with rifle & shotgun. Lets not turn this into another dogmen vs shooters thread...

I thought someone had already done that further back. And you missed mentioning HMR's at 1000 yards :clapper:

I thought someone had already done that further back. And you missed mentioning HMR's at 1000 yards :clapper:

FFS! :clapper::laugh:

This just stinks of more red tape for the man in the street who already goes about his business legally.

most law abiding folk wont mind a bit more red tape if it helps to catch the ones who are out walking with dog/gun and lamp and have no permission the old bill can then confiscate what they need to and lock up another poacher which has got to be a good thing for everyone in to country pursuits.

PS its all about night HUNTING not just shooting.

people have always poached and nothing you do will stop it....maybe we should return to the days of hobling dogs or deporting criminals. Not everyone has or can get permission, your one of the fortunate one's and your still not happy :angry:

This just stinks of more red tape for the man in the street who already goes about his business legally.

most law abiding folk wont mind a bit more red tape if it helps to catch the ones who are out walking with dog/gun and lamp and have no permission the old bill can then confiscate what they need to and lock up another poacher which has got to be a good thing for everyone in to country pursuits.

PS its all about night HUNTING not just shooting.

If they don't mind then they bloody should mind! What is the point of a law which does nothing to combat people breaking existing laws, while making more work for the law abiding shooters? Simple answer there isn't one.

Therefore, we should reject and fight any further impact on our freedom, this country has already lost, IMHO, the title of a Free Country. Too many pointless laws, too much surveillance, too many people with access.