How do you like yours?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to do the head quickly, could you not bung it in the pressure cooker, thats what I do with the carcases if I want the meat for curry, or to freeze it, worth a try, test it on another head to see what happens :D

Good idea, Can't do it now though as I've just filled the Pressure Cooker with spuds and carrots, Chicken n trimmings for tea :drool:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom
Have you ever thought of making a paper weight out of it? you only need some resin ;)

Funnily enough, that was one of my first thoughts :yes:

Whats it they say "Great Minds Think Alike" :clapper:

Wife's only out for an hour so looks like the head will have to wait till Saturday :(

Keep those recipies comming guy's your making me gob water!!

Never thought of mincing, good idea BM :clapper:

Minced bunny burgers sounds like a good idea.

Phantom

They certainly are! Their also a damn sight healthier than normal burgers. I always make the mistake of making them too thick though, so they take ages to cook through and turn into balls rather than burgers!

Photo-0006-1.jpg

I always make the mistake of making them too thick though, so they take ages to cook through and turn into balls rather than burgers!

Photo-0006-1.jpg

No offence BM but :sick: :sick: :sick: Beans!!!! urghhhhhh :sick: :sick: :sick:

And whats that creamy looking stuff on them bunny balls? Salad cream or Mayo?

other than that, it looks yummy :yes:

Phantom

It was cheese at one point. I'm a skin-flint so didn't use much!!

Nowt wrong with beans! good for keeping you regular! :D

Cheesy bunny balls huh :sick: :clapper:

There are many foods I can't eat and in this thread you've had me wretching at the thought of em :icon_redface:

Cheese is one thing my surgeon told me to eat more of after my op last year not bloody likely I said :sick:

I am so very tempted to add my favourite spices (Cajun) into bunny burgers :yes: . All I need now is a full day out with the rifle and a large bag to put the main ingrediant in :yes: must go bribe ole Riff ;)

Phantom

melt kerrygold irish butter in a bread tin, once butter is melted add diced bunny, black pepper, garlic and onion, mushrooms, and cover over wuith tin foil, cook slowly, along with crispy roast potatoes and some green cabbage, use the meat juices along with garlic, onions and mushrooms to make gravy,,

sit back and love every minute mmmmmmm

Homemade chips, Potato's are a damn sight cheaper than oven chips!

I just use egg to bind them, you can add a bit of pork fat to the mince to help with the binding if you want.

LL that sounds lovely! I'll definately be trying that one! :good:

Thank you.

Edited by bullmastiff
melt kerrygold irish butter in a bread tin, once butter is melted add diced bunny, black pepper, garlic and onion, mushrooms, and cover over wuith tin foil, cook slowly, along with crispy roast potatoes and some green cabbage, use the meat juices along with garlic, onions and mushrooms to make gravy,,

Umm............... Now that sounds superb apart from the Butter (dairy product!! :sick: )

Now I'm foaming at the mouth!

BTW Stealthy, the wife is out, the bunny heads in the pressure cooker and it smells really rather nice!

Whats boiled bunny brain, eyes and tongue taste like?

Smells good, but I think I'll give the tasting a miss!

Phantom

Homemade chips, Potato's are a damn sight cheaper than oven chips!

I just use egg to bind them, you can add a bit of pork fat to the mince to help with the binding if you want.

LL that sounds lovely! I'll definately be trying that one! :good:

Thank you.

Ohhh home made chips :notworthy: cant remember when I had them last.

After my op last year, I can only handle one or two chips before they make me ill. I can manage 6 or 7 oven chips though :yes:

Roast spuds are the best food ever created :yes: again I can only eat one or two, but I used to eat em by the lbs :icon_redface:

Phantom

Umm............... Now that sounds superb apart from the Butter (dairy product!! :sick: )

Now I'm foaming at the mouth!

BTW Stealthy, the wife is out, the bunny heads in the pressure cooker and it smells really rather nice!

Whats boiled bunny brain, eyes and tongue taste like?

Smells good, but I think I'll give the tasting a miss!

Phantom

I dont know what it will taste like mate, but you can test it with a dollop of tomato sauce and let me know if you like :laugh: How did the head turn out?

I dont know what it will taste like mate, but you can test it with a dollop of tomato sauce and let me know if you like :laugh: How did the head turn out?

Well, it boiled up okay, a lot of the meat fell off the external part, but the flesh inside the skull stayed put (mouth and nasal cavities etc). Scraped out as much as I could. :bad: smell was quite revolting :bad:

Decided to drop it in some caustic soda to finish it off. Seems to have done the trick :yes:

The base of the skull at the back came off and the brain dropped out so I washed off all the soda and have left it to dry in the shed. Hope to put it all back together (lower Mandable and skull and base of brain cavity tomorrow when its all dried out.

I'll put up a pic if all goes well :)

Phantom