plinking tips

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I changed to a multi shot PCP. With those break barrel springers you only get one shot off. By the time you have fiddled another pellet in the thing the rest of the snails have run off into the undergrowth.

I like slugs and snails. bit of pest control included :)

Do you wait until they stop or just shoot at them in full stride ?? I suppose with a springer you would have to aim well ahead of them and let them run into the sot. Not an easy thing to judge, but does make it more interesting I think.

Who let this guy in here ehh :D:clapper:

Richard

And for the ones using either a .177 springer or a HW 100 we have the ultimate plinking target if set up at about 25 yards. As seen on a target range in Wiltshire.

177target.jpg

ATB

Yes I can find my way out and I left the coat on anyway.

Michael

If you shot at that with a HW100T it would wind up match wood :D

Clever bunch those Germans eh??? Shoot at a plastic bog with a German gun and it turns into match wood.

:D :D :D

I was on about the trees behind the bog that would be used as a backstop, but being an S410 owner that distance is'nt achievable for you, so its not a problem :D

ahhh stealthy you know I like you really. We would have had a great time at that meet. You trying to hit that bog at 25 yards and me making targets by converting full cider cans into empty cider cans. ;):) :)

ahhh stealthy you know I like you really. We would have had a great time at that meet. You trying to hit that bog at 25 yards and me making targets by converting full cider cans into empty cider cans. ;):) :)

Not as fast as I can convert stella cans :D

Option 1

I shoot the leaves of a tree infront of a large barn. its good when there's a small breeze and you have to time it perfect to wait for the leaf to "present itself" for the shot/ You can see the hole your pellet makes really clearly afterwards

Option 2

I can't resist buying "6 lighters for a pound" every now and again at a market. they explode when you hit 'em

I cut a potatoe into small squares , of about 10-15 mm and chuck em on the lawn . Then take me time and pop em one by one , cause they`ve been thrown , there all over the place and no two shots are the same :thumbs:

me too buster,but i cut mine another two!! times, then pick em all off till there gone :D