Advice Needed regarding dog diarrhea and bile sickness

Hi, can anyone recommend what I do with my bitch, she has had diarrhea for the last three days at least, and this morning she vomited bial/bile (spelling?) which is green in colour.

Is it the vets, or something as simple as starving the bitch? She had full injection as a pup, she is now three and has not had a booster since her first inoculations.

At the moment, the bitch seems in good spirits and hungry, though the last day or so she has been a little lethargic.

Any advice greatfully received.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Presenting Those conditions? Why the hell are you wasting time asking a load of blokes in a forum, mate? Stand up. Get your bitch. Go the the vet's.

Time you sit there and chew your lip over the money and hoping someone here might say what you want to hear, what ever pathogen's killing her will just be that further advanced in it's work.

It it were you, would you ask us, or scream for a doctor?

I dont booster either so had all of my dogs immunity levels checked this year. Three dogs were low for distemper, one was covered for both, and the last had low immunity for both, so she received her booster. They will all be boostered next year then every 3 yrs after that (better safe than sorry).

Get her to the vets asap, the dehydration from constant diarrhea could cause serious problems.

MOLL.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
VET says to starve for 24 hours, blah, blah, blah .....

I could have guessed the worthless f***a would say that, mate. And, if the poor dog goes into a rapid nose dive and you rush her in there, know what the c*** will say then? Fifty pounds says I'm right. He / She'll say: " We'll have to put her on a drip. " !!!

Honest to f***ing christ! What are they teaching these b*stards these days? 1. Castrate it. 2. If it shows symptoms, suggest above. 3. If it gets brought in for Any reason; Try to scare the owner into accepting Bordatella vaccinations, to make up for the fact that most of the crafty b*stards out there are now wise to our " Jabs and Boosters " scam, which financed our BMW's for all those years. 4. If they look white and the dog looks sick? Get in there with the 'Drip'. Then try for X Rays and Blood Tests. Rack up a good, healthy bill before you've even glanced at the animal ~ whose health, incidentally, should always come as a consideration well below the health of your bank balance.

What ever became of vet's who cared about animals?! Working their guts out, for Free, at the PDSA, it seems to me!

VET says to starve for 24 hours, blah, blah, blah .....

I could have guessed the worthless f***a would say that, mate. And, if the poor dog goes into a rapid nose dive and you rush her in there, know what the c*** will say then? Fifty pounds says I'm right. He / She'll say: " We'll have to put her on a drip. " !!!

Honest to f***ing christ! What are they teaching these b*stards these days? 1. Castrate it. 2. If it shows symptoms, suggest above. 3. If it gets brought in for Any reason; Try to scare the owner into accepting Bordatella vaccinations, to make up for the fact that most of the crafty b*stards out there are now wise to our " Jabs and Boosters " scam, which financed our BMW's for all those years. 4. If they look white and the dog looks sick? Get in there with the 'Drip'. Then try for X Rays and Blood Tests. Rack up a good, healthy bill before you've even glanced at the animal ~ whose health, incidentally, should always come as a consideration well below the health of your bank balance.

What ever became of vet's who cared about animals?! Working their guts out, for Free, at the PDSA, it seems to me!

Spot on! And if they know you have insurance you can see the pound signs in their eyes!!

Guest chilli

I havnt bothered with boosters , I remember charlie c posting some good information about boosters being a swindle . Id go with that vets try an rip you of for boosters . The bitch has come into contact with enough bites an she is ok . I wont be getting boosters for them .

I havnt bothered with boosters , I remember charlie c posting some good information about boosters being a swindle . Id go with that vets try an rip you of for boosters . The bitch has come into contact with enough bites an she is ok . I wont be getting boosters for them .

I would say my Terra has had more bites than most, is in more disgusting places, and out of all of them i would have assumed she would be covered, but she had no immunity. And yes i do trust my vet, she 1st tried to talk me out of having the titre test. And when 3 of them were low for distemper she could have told me to get them injected, instead she said it is virtually eradicated now so dont bother.

Ive read alot of the literature regarding the boosters. Not all dogs will automatically have the correct levels, and they advise boosters every 3 yrs to be on the safe side....other than that you should have their levels checked every year. Leptospirosis cannot be checked via the titre test so its up to individuals whether they get them boosted or not.

MOLL.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
they advise boosters every 3 yrs ..... Leptospirosis cannot be checked via the titre test.

Who 'advises' that, Moll? Certainly not the entire governing board of the American Vetinary Association, who advised their own members (Vet's) that it was a matter for their own 'conciounces' (or bank balances) wether they continued to choose to rip their clients off, now that the whole " Three yearly Booster " thing had been proven an antiquated crock.

And as for Lepto? Out of some 104, I believe it is, known strains, modern science can Only provide protection against Two of them. Best of all is; That protection - such as it is - only lasts for a few months from the time of the jab. What's happening for the other thirty three months?

Oh, and are not Titre Tests widely recognised as ridiculously unreliable?

:no:

Guest northolm

Have you got any electrolytes in to help prevent dehydration? Lectade, Electro K, Recharge etc? Get these into your dog straight away and take the dog to the vets. If I had read the post sooner I would have prescribed something for you but you have waited to long. Please take the dog to your vet.

they advise boosters every 3 yrs ..... Leptospirosis cannot be checked via the titre test.

Who 'advises' that, Moll? Certainly not the entire governing board of the American Vetinary Association, who advised their own members (Vet's) that it was a matter for their own 'conciounces' (or bank balances) wether they continued to choose to rip their clients off, now that the whole " Three yearly Booster " thing had been proven an antiquated crock.

And as for Lepto? Out of some 104, I believe it is, known strains, modern science can Only provide protection against Two of them. Best of all is; That protection - such as it is - only lasts for a few months from the time of the jab. What's happening for the other thirty three months?

As Leptospirosis is also a zoonotic disease (ie it can be passed from animals to humans) and bearing in mind their are no human vaccines for this disease...do you want to take the risk? :unsure:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Who? Me mate? Weils Disease? Been there. Had that. Most virillant form to. That's said to give one immunity :tongue2:

These days I just practice good husbandry and common sense. I feel that's a lot less risky than blythley kidding myself a triannual jab takes care of everything ;)

Hi, can anyone recommend what I do with my bitch, she has had diarrhea for the last three days at least, and this morning she vomited bial/bile (spelling?) which is green in colour.

Is it the vets, or something as simple as starving the bitch? She had full injection as a pup, she is now three and has not had a booster since her first inoculations.

At the moment, the bitch seems in good spirits and hungry, though the last day or so she has been a little lethargic.

Any advice greatfully received.

Mate one of my dogs had the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago its a serious bug going about , my dog had it for about three days bad and spent the next three getting over it , he lost nearly 4lb in a few days looked like death couldnt stand or drink at one point and he is a very fit strong dog ' i kept sponging water down him he'd throw it back up .. it was looking real bad so of to the vets we go and got an anti sickness jab and he started to pick up the next day,

My mate next door but one wasnt so lucky he lost his young saluki lurcher to in on the third day and a womon up the road had her irish setter in the vets on a drip'couple of the lads up the pub have had it on there yards too, there is a big outbrake of parvo in my town at the moment this [bANNED TEXT] the dogs are getting is very mutch like parvo in the early stages and the dogs are dying from it f@ck nows [bANNED TEXT] it is but its pretty agresive and can kill em if proper attenions not given

ps after mine started pukeing up the green thats [bANNED TEXT] he got real week couldnt stand or drink and got a good deal worse from then on so keep an eye on him

Edited by Fledge
Guest northolm
Who? Me mate? Weils Disease? Been there. Had that. Most virillant form to. That's said to give one immunity :tongue2:

These days I just practice good husbandry and common sense. I feel that's a lot less risky than blythley kidding myself a triannual jab takes care of everything ;)

Is it really common sense to ignore potentially fatal diseases? And as for thinking jabs dont help you did you never get done as a kid? :whistle: By the way Lepto and Weils are the same but Im sure you know that :rolleyes: and anyway when you have problems with your kidneys later in life dont say I didnt warn you.

The titre test was known as being unreliable, that is why the vet first advised against it. After contacting the people responsible and doing some research she found that things have progressed considerably, and it was worth going ahead.

It was research by vets in america who stated that yearly boosters were not now necessary, but research has proven some dogs will still require boosters for whatever reason. The incidents of dogs becoming infected through not having boosters is a hell of alot higher than dogs becoming ill from a booster...so i know what risks id like to take with my dogs. And the titre test proved i was right, i dont think i could have lived with a small time bomb on the end of a lead, thinking every time she had a runny bot or vomited she might be seriously ill, after having the result...could you?

The lepto injection cover about 6 strains. I personally dont booster for this as im sure with all the ratting all of my dogs get it would be a waste of money and would be pumping needless chemicals into their bodies.

MOLL.