I only have exspeiriance of owning one first cross and seeing quite a few 3 quarter breds run over the years but in all honesty the best hybreds i have seen out of this mix is [bANNED TEXT] the two are bred together its only my opinion based on wat i have seen atb dell

I have a second cross collie grey (i.e. 3/4 greyhound 1/4 border collie), and was wondering typically what the main differences in working ability would be between a dog bred this way and a first cross (1/2 grey, 1/2 collie).

I've seen examples of both dogs in the flesh and assume the second cross can reach higher speeds while the first cross will have better stamina but I've not actually seen a first cross working. I'm wondering for example which of the two crosses has the best acceleration over relatively short distances, and which cross is most likely to pursue prey (rabbits) into cover (my 7 month second cross pup won't go near a bramble or nettle :D ).

Any advice from those of you who have experience of both crosses would be much appreciated.

Best,

Joe

Seen i/4 collie x 3/4 grey run day+night, and you get more speed 1/4 collie and will tackle anything.

1x collie xgrey, make brill daytime [mooching+ferret dogs] ok in the lamp. Some will tackle anything some wont[red coat's] ?? Ive had a 3/8 collie 5/8 grey, good on rabbits+red coats, not to good big rabbits but had a couple in the lamp. Got a 1x collie grey now 24in 60lb, good on rabbits had a couple big rabbits, will try him on red coats this season . Here is my 1x collie grey, and my old 3/8 collie 5/8 grey that i had in the late 80s he was 26 70lb , a tough dog tackle anything. I think the 3/8c 5/8 g if you can get a goodun make a good lurcher.

Bryn

gfDSCF6213-1.jpg

gfDSCF6251.jpg

Blaze in the 80s

blaze.jpg

rayandblaze.jpg