Bad week

Got home from work late last thursday night,approx nine pm 3rd of aug,went to feed dogs and muck out etc,noticed sadie my springer bitch wasnt there bouncing on the mesh as usual,she was heavy in pup with about a fortnight to go,i knew something wasnt right as i went into the kennel she was lying in the corner on the concrete more or less unable to get up,black runny faeces all over the kennel which indicated parvo,or internal bleeding i immedietly put her into the van called the vets and made my way there,got her into the vets and we tested for parvo which was a negative result,got a drip into her and a few other things to stabilise and make her comforatable vitamin K1,just in case of rat poisening,and so on,after a few tests etc she was put down for the night and i left her in the hands of my vet,she stayed on a drip for a couple more days where the vet diagnosed a gastric ulcer,as the bitch was very weak we decided the pups would probably have to go via c section,keeping them alive was not an option as they wernt quite full term and the bitch was just too weak to cope,day four we decided the bitch would have to lose the pups but was still way too weak to undergo an operation so a blood transfusion was disgussed and decided as the only option to keep the bitch alive,i finished work early that day and went home to the kennels where jazz my german weimeraner bitch,was put into the van and taken to the vets,i held her while my vet took a 180mls of blood 20 mls at a time straight out of her jugular and into sadie the springer bitch,jazz behaved the whole time as i held her very tightly,tho she did look at the vets with a very low growl at the end of the procedure,a few hours later sadie was operated on and had her c section,where a gastric ulcer and a fair ammount of internal bleeding was noticed,day six i got sadie home very tired and still weak but touch wood,hasnt had any blood in her faeces now since coming out of the vets,and is getting stronger by the day,shes a great bitch and will be a main player in my hunting/beating team id of been devastated if id of lost her as the line is a very hard working line,just thought id write this as she deserves a bit of recognition for surviving the stress and turmoil of the last week and as you can see has been quite spoilt this last few days...

100_1525.jpg

just one thought tho after having so much german blood put into her i hope to god she doesnt start behaving like one,started putting towels every where as well,should i be worryed guys......

glad she pulled through, and well done to the weirmaraner for giving the blood needed, if she starts pointing you will know why, my russell pup came to me at the same time as my dad had a litter of springer pups and the first thing the little shit did was latch on to a teat and start suckling, im worried he will start retreiving!!

archiemilk.jpg