• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with South Wales

Do you deal with Bridgend or Newport?

John

Newport would be Gwent ;)

Good to share information folks, some varying views being put across here :yes:

im with the gwent firearms department.

I have heard some real bad feedback about Gwent. Bridgend (SWP) are a different entity altogether.

John

Devon & Cornwall – have been very good to deal with and have been quick at turning things around unless there is land to be checked, that’s lead to a few lengthy waits, once on application and once with a variation.

I should think that an open licence holder would have no complaints at all.

Best I have dealt with is the Met, worst is Thames Valley (but only for about the last 5 or 6 years, they were ok before that!). Wilts seem to have their head up a cows arse somewhere!

Real problem is there are no doubt good and bad in all area, seems I just run up against prats these days in Thames Valley!! Met have always been sensible, reasonable and helpful in my dealings with them!

Thames Valley Police

Contrary to Deker, I've had no problems with Thames Valley but that could be because I'm in North Bucks and a different region.

When I moved house a couple of years ago my FAO came around to inspect my cabinet, he spent the best part of two hours talking guns and terriers over tea and biscuits and they have always been very obliging and helpful.

Cheers

Thames Valley Police

Contrary to Deker, I've had no problems with Thames Valley but that could be because I'm in North Bucks and a different region.

When I moved house a couple of years ago my FAO came around to inspect my cabinet, he spent the best part of two hours talking guns and terriers over tea and biscuits and they have always been very obliging and helpful.

Cheers

where abouts mate?... im in stokenchurch near high wycombe.

Thames Valley Police

Cheers

Was it an old chap called Frank? retired PC ? I am also in the North Bucks / TVP area.

Helps that he is into shooting himself!

They have been good with me, relatively quick with the application and granting, i have had time off work previously with stress and since granting have had issues with work that someone at work thought the licensing department would like to know about! anyway they have dealt with me fairly and proportionately through out!

No complaints! but i only have a shotgun certificate

where abouts mate?... im in stokenchurch near high wycombe.

South of MK by 12 miles near Stewkley.

Was it an old chap called Frank? retired PC ? I am also in the North Bucks / TVP area.

Helps that he is into shooting himself!

Yes, it was Frank Grover, nice chap, very friendly and always willing to give advice.

Cheers