Firearms Licensing Departments

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Help me out here if you can please, sorry if I have missed it in all the previous pages but I currently have two issues, one very serious, with Jill Fuller, Firearms Manager in Wiltshire.

Has anyone had any dealings with her please and what are your views...oh yes..is it Jill or Gill...Cheers!!

Edit...I also understand the WHOLE Wiltshire Firearms team based at Devizes HQ are civilians, can anyone confirm this please??

Edited by Deker
  • 2 weeks later...

STRATHCLYDE, Scotland.

Hats of to Strathclyde for me, Top Service & good advice given, any dealings i have had in the past, Variation's ect on FAC done over the counter as long as the main man is in to sighn it, if not the next day, Excellent service no problems :notworthy::thumbs:

Avon & Somerset- good enough on renewal and variations- easy to approach the office and staff seemm to know what they are doing - most of the time :icon_eek:

Only one bad experience on a variation had to involve BASC but sorted in no time :clapper:

Les :victory:

Lothian and Borders Firearms dpt

Really good and helpfull. will help you sort everything out at the desk if you want to go in and see them.

Quick with variations and my liason officer is very helpfull and keen to see that first time applicants get it right. big :clapper: for them ,like

• 5 months later...

With Gwent police,--- initial ( first ) application for firearms took eight months to clear :blink: just had my first renewal through and took a total of four weeks :thumbs: :thumbs: Vast improvement !! mainly due to the increased resources and personnel, my FEO was very good --straight but fair. Happy days

LD

gwent is fine i find BUT i got a letter through theothr day and as im 17 i am or WAS allowed to buy a shotgun and ammunition but now as of the 28th of this month the age goes up to 18, which i cant believe im 18 in october but i seriously cant believe it i was in shck while reading the letter i am saving to buy a gun at the midland gamefair but i will still be 17 so i have to put it on someone elses tiket.

any other lads get this or is it just gwent