Firearms Licensing Departments

i am about to apply for mine. i live in norfolk. whats the feo like here and how quick are they coming through. need mine for cock shoot at end of jan.

depends where abouts in norfolk you are im in diss and my local fire arms officer is a nice chap and wymondham are pretty quick on getting them out to you all you have to do is bug them a week or so later to see how its gettting on then it turns up a few days later. dave greenachre is our local chap

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I handed my ticket in to fife for a variation on 11/11/09,still waiting they said it could take about 2 weeks so hopefully i get it through this week so that i can pick up my new sako hunter ....

Got a call to collect my licence this morning so off to the dealer tomorrow to pick up my new rifle..... :boogie:

Dumfries and Galloway No probs at all. Fast and efficient! A pleasure to deal with, even did a variation same day while I waited!!!! Just moved to Northumberland! Complete nightmare! Supposed to be straight forward change of address? 4wk for FULL inspection? Made me more or less Re-apply?? 4wk after inspection- LAND CHECK on one of my permissions??? Still no tickets back???? COME ON NORTHUMBRIA PLEASE GET A MOVE ON!!! PLEASE![/u] Begining to wish we hadn't moved HERE! No need for the delay!

• 1 month later...

All forms (fac+sgc) sent to West Yorks recorded 16th dec, I got a phone call last week to tell me it was being dealt with and to clear up a wee problem, absolutely no hassle at all, in fact very helpful. Got a phone call from a chap called Steve just an hour ago and he will be with me in the morning. The wild boar .308 combination seems to have rattled a few cages but again this guy seems absolutely fine. We will see what the morning brings and fingers crossed. Anyone on here met this chap? what's he like?

regards,

Pete

I have never had a bad experience with Hertfordshire Constabulary. My Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) for my area has given me his card and email address in case I ever have a question to ask of if I am not sure of anything with regards to my licence or where I am going to work as I have an 'open' ticket.

The FEO's in Herts manage their own postcoded areas, so you always get the same Officer who know your business and a good rapport is built.

The admin staff at the Firearms Licencing Department are always helpful, polite and prompt with any variations. No complaints here !!! :D

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

All forms (fac+sgc) sent to West Yorks recorded 16th dec, I got a phone call last week to tell me it was being dealt with and to clear up a wee problem, absolutely no hassle at all, in fact very helpful. Got a phone call from a chap called Steve just an hour ago and he will be with me in the morning. The wild boar .308 combination seems to have rattled a few cages but again this guy seems absolutely fine. We will see what the morning brings and fingers crossed. Anyone on here met this chap? what's he like?

regards,

Pete

Well everything seemed to go fine, some probs with two bits of land but I will be asking for help on a seperate thread. Looks like I will be getting everything I wanted but despite a fairly good portfolio and references I could not get an open cert, he said 18 months so lets see how I get on. For some reason he was more concerned with my shotty experience than a .308?? but hey I am not complaining (yet) Despite what I have read about about West Yorks being a pain in the hoop, the guy was absolutely fine, helpful to a fault, open and straight forward.

I don't think I could expect anything more for my first application.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

regards,

Pete

Well everything seemed to go fine, some probs with two bits of land but I will be asking for help on a seperate thread. Looks like I will be getting everything I wanted but despite a fairly good portfolio and references I could not get an open cert, he said 18 months so lets see how I get on. For some reason he was more concerned with my shotty experience than a .308?? but hey I am not complaining (yet) Despite what I have read about about West Yorks being a pain in the hoop, the guy was absolutely fine, helpful to a fault, open and straight forward.

I don't think I could expect anything more for my first application.

The paperwork landed on the doormat yesterday morning so I got it last night when I got in. Picked up my shotty and .22rimmy today, just the .308 to find now.

So my views on West Yorks... Mostly good, had a bit of a "to-do" over land checks but a call to BASC for some information and I soon got things moving. Forms in Post 16th Dec and my coterminous SGC and FAC back to me on 3rd Feb. Itching to get out now.

Regards,

Pete