Firearms Licensing Departments

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Staffordshire here. First application was a dang nightmare time wise but to be fair they had just had that new fangled computer system.

I asked for .22, .17hmr .223 and .308 on the initial application and was granted all of them :clapper:

Sent my ticket in because the ammo section was overflowing and it came back missing a .22 moderator so I phoned them and was told not to worry as I was putting in for a variation soon and they would put it back on then. The variation was applied for on Friday so I will let you know.

Got the call from the FEO on Friday, she came out to see me Monday and my new ticket came today. Five days, super fast but I put in for a .243 plus mod and .303. All three are on my ticket but apparently I can now buy two lots of .308 but not .303 as they have made a mistake on the ammo section. Also on my conditions the .303 isn't mentioned at all :blink:

Edited by firepower

Just recieved my HMR ticket from Gwent, took about 10 weeks not bad really as at one time there was a 9 month list. I had 2 interview one lasting two hours and one 30 minutes, the guy was very very thorough but seemed a real nice guy and proved to be very helpful further down the road when after he had approved my application the woman at the office took almost 3 weeks to rubber stamp it :angry: Overall quite pleased although I was talked down from having 3 calibre's on my application to one with a promise of another if I went back in January..DAVE

Bedfordshire Police

The last 3 yrs they have become VERY strict with applications. They will want to go out to the said land to inspect, interview you and assess you. They will try and pull your cabinet off the wall.

Turn around within 3 weeks.

PSNI

Very poor service. Been shooting around 12 years now and started with 12g shoty. About 5 years ago I got myself a .22 RF. Infairness these first two guns were no hassle a couple of months at the longest. Applied for .222 CF rifle 3rd January this year and I'm still waiting............ They keep telling me they are busy with applications but come on there are only 1.5 million people in the north of ireland and they don't all shoot :angry:

derry boy thats fecking cat a long time i know that to get a .22rimfire added on to my FAC last year took 6mths :blink: and 5mths for a 2nd shotgun ive sent away last month for a .22hornet hope its not as long as the wait you are having, if your a member of basc or sacs id get them onto it

i deal with co durham,put my sgc in on friday,feo phoned on monday,met up with him,yesterday,fri,all sorted no probs,they done my fc the other year,all done in two weeks,cant praise them enough,after all the bad things some people,are putting up with,and cant help you enough when ever,

i phone up for anything,new lad,young luke seems spot on,

allso dealt with northumbria,heard mixed about them,but chris was spot for for me,came out checked my land,passed it no problem,canny lad,

so i have either been very lucky,or we have a cracking set up up here in co durham,praise where praise is due,after a lot of negative posts,by some unlucky people,atb,ian

• 2 weeks later...

well a quick update on my sgc,got a phone call this morning,my sgc is ready to pick up,i asked luke to tell them i would rather pick up ,with the post stike and carry on.so off to pick it up on the way from work in the morn,so what can say,another very quick turnaround,so big up for the co durham,firearms squad again :signthankspin: ,and one happy fella sitting here, :clapper:

Edited by ace32

In Support of Thames Valley - I submitted a variation last week to change my 243 (which I might not do now, seems I may have got it working, but anyway...) and it was back today (though I did go and get it, mainly to avoid postal issues!). Much faster than usual, let's hope the improvement stays!