Firearms Licensing Departments

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Staffordshire here. First application was a dang nightmare time wise but to be fair they had just had that new fangled computer system.

I asked for .22, .17hmr .223 and .308 on the initial application and was granted all of them :clapper:

Sent my ticket in because the ammo section was overflowing and it came back missing a .22 moderator so I phoned them and was told not to worry as I was putting in for a variation soon and they would put it back on then. The variation was applied for on Friday so I will let you know.

Devon & Cornwall here.

I have had a SGC for 34 years and an FAC for 24 years so I go back a bit, (i.e. Old Git)

The D&C to be fair are very good, I change rifles very often (to often) and I do not shoot on a range, so permissions/clearance etc etc could potentially be a nightmare, but speak as I find I have never had a problem or a delay. All you need to do is fill in the form properly and satisfy the 'rules'.

Maybe because I have held the Certs for so long are 'squeeky clean' with the law it has helped? Also these days I mentor a few people with Centrefire newly granted fac's the Police are therefore 'Pro' with me.

The people I deal with are generally knowledgeable and they clearly don't mind seeking my advice/input when this has become relevant.

So 10 out of 10 for Devon & Cornwall Constabulary.

Andy F.

been waiting 5 weeks for my fac to come from west mids police.a guy i know waited six for his so i hope it comes this week :angry:

got the gun and rifle sorted and its a pain for the guy i want to buy them off too.

fingers crossed that i can sort things out this week. any one else had similar experiance in the midlands?

Nice to see this thread picking up again ;)

When a few of you are mentioning weeks, its a pretty good service as they have a deadline of roughly 8 weeks to complete either application, its when it goes on for months, which it has done on far too many occasions, that things get worse.

Keep em coming.

Humberside Police here

The firearms team are fine most of the time, it’s when they hand the renewal over to the local brain dead plod for delivery & safety check that it all goes to sh1t.

On my last coterminous renewal it took Humberside firearms team 4 days to proses it and hand it to our local plod to deliver it,

then it took them two days under THREE months to come & check security and hand it over, and only then after a letter of complaint to the chief constable. Ned