Im looking to buy a lamp which mounts on top of gun. I seen some on some one elses gun they said they last ages and they've never run out when using them. They paid £70 but they have no names on them and didnt come in a box.

Ive looked on internet but dont know what ones are good. I dont want to spend alot wouldnt even mind buying second hand. :tongue2:

Guest buster321c
Im looking to buy a lamp which mounts on top of gun. I seen some on some one elses gun they said they last ages and they've never run out when using them. They paid £70 but they have no names on them and didnt come in a box.

Ive looked on internet but dont know what ones are good. I dont want to spend alot wouldnt even mind buying second hand. :tongue2:

The most expensive one you can afford :thumbs:

Not many of these second hand but IMHO one of the best for on top the rifle. http://www.shootingshack.com/nightsearcher...t-kit-128-p.asp (Nightsearcher). All metal construction, will last a life time.

I have two of these lamps, and a purpose built red filter.

However towards the end of last years lamping season I tried a Tesco LED 'c' cell torch and shot twenty three rabbits. The torch wasn't hard to mount, I simple machined some of the grip away so that it fitted a 30mm mount which I then connected to an inverted mount on my scope. The batteries were new and the torch is still ready to go some six moths later. Now mounted to an airgun I needed for some rats. (Rifle/Lamp/Scope may well be for sale)Have a gander:

Rifle.jpg

Cheap as chips and very effective out to fifty yards on rabbits.

Or the Nightsearcher on top of my Foxing rig.

Lamp.jpg

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

Thanks for the advice. I bought a cheap lamp from "The Range" Cost me £11 1million candle and supposed to last 30 mins. Lasted about 10 flicks on and off :( talk about getting what you pay for.

Edited by LeonWales