First Aid kits

Guest reload

I presume most people have there own first aid kits they chuck in the back of the motor when out with the dogs. Just wondering whats in other folks!

Antiseptic wipes, electolytes, blunt ended scissors, badages,tape,wound powder etc etc.

Anybody got any bits they consider essential and would not leave home without??

• 4 weeks later...

i tend to use alot of pevedine(iodine solution) dialuted with water to a tea like color (no milk :D ) and dab onto any small to medium(not gaping) cuts grazes ect it does my terriers and spaniels fine .

also odd bandage,clean water,asprin quarter for terriers half for spaniels.

scissors

bloodstop

by the way pevidine is very inexpensive same stuff they use in operations in vets.

500ml bottle from my vet for nowt as he says its pennys to buy.(looks abit queer my vet so he might just like me ALOT :icon_eek: .

DOGRUN

self adhesive bandages, non adhesive pads plain ones and iodine soaked ones, antiseptic spray and cream, syringes, razors, stereri strips etc etc....... thank you NHS.......... ;) :whistle:

Medi+Pet First Aid Kits - Deluxe

Accidents can happen! Be ready when they do with our MEDI+PET Deluxe First Aid Kit. Specifically designed for animals with over 40 veterinarian - suggested items packed in a green canvas case.

Kit includes the following items:

Scissors: to cut coflex tape, gauze and to clip hair around wounds.

Biocaine Lotion: for treatment of wounds, abrasions, minor burns and hot spots.

Gauze Pads: to clean, cover and cushion injuries.

Alcohol Prep Pads: use to clean scissors, tweezers, and hands. (Do not use on wounds).

Cold Pack: use to reduce swelling or pain. Do not leave animal when in use to avoid digestion.

Vet Wrap: flexible bandage used to wrap and stabilize injuries. Adheres to itself, no clips or tape needed. (Caution: do not wrap so tightly that circulation is cut-off).

Povidone-Iodine Ointment: provides antiseptic action in the prevention of infection in burns, lacerations and abrasions.

Gloves: protects hands and prevents contamination of open wounds, burns and abrasions.

Opticlear (A gentle eye wash): read and follow individual package directions provided on bottle.

Iodine Prep Solution: antiseptic solution for cleansing wounds or burns. (Caution: Follow directions on label).

Emergency Blanket: prevents shock by preserving animal’s body heat. Can also be used to protect a car if the animal is vomiting or bleeding.

Gauze Rolls: cover and protect injured areas. Gauze Roll can also be used to fashion a temporary muzzle. (Even the most loving animal may bite if they have been injured or are sick).

Triple Antibiotic ointment: inhibits bacterial growth in cuts and abrasions. Promotes wound healing. (Caution: read and follow directions on label).

Tweezers: