sloes

Guest the techno viking

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has any body got any pics ov there bottels they have started, i got me gin the day 70cl bottels for 6.95 from sansbury`s, so am goin out picin the morn lookin forward to it was lookin at the price ov sloe gin and it is fekin 17 quid for a 70 cl a bottel but looks lovely,

atb................lamp

1st bottle batched went an found some more riper bigger sloes,, going for vodka instead, 1 wine glass of caster,1 poundish of sloes i think maybe more no scales. lamp+battery i used a 2 litre water bottle then strain of in a few months to original vodka bottle.

1st bottle batched went an found some more riper bigger sloes,, going for vodka instead, 1 wine glass of caster,1 poundish of sloes i think maybe more no scales. lamp+battery i used a 2 litre water bottle then strain of in a few months to original vodka bottle.

cheers bud i got loads ov wine bottels in the shed was just goin to use them but will try the pop bottels as well

lamp

cheers bud i got loads ov wine bottels in the shed was just goin to use them but will try the pop bottels as well

lamp

only using plastic to save on re corking mate also £6.98 for gin& vodka at tesco went to aldi but £8.90

i went sloe hunting aDSCF3583.jpgnd they where rubbish .i picked these hoping there damsons ,what do you think

Difficult to tell scale from that mate, they arnt damsons, they may be wild/feral plums. Try one if its a plum it will taste like one! Iv got a bag load im going to stick some in with one bottle of sloe gin and try a bottle in gin on their own.

has any one ever made sloe rum if so whats it like or blackberry rum im thinkin ov havein a go at it never made any thing like this befor so havent got a clue what it is supost to tast ov lol

cheers lamp

i would imagine it would be really sweet mite be worth a try mate mite try it meself as i like a drop of rum.

I personally will be picking sloes this Sunday. I have not tryed freezing I just use a blackthorn to prick them and then bottle straight away. Will be ready by Christmas and traditionally we all have a drop before going out New Years Eve. I use less sugar than most and always put 1 large or 2 small cinnamon sticks in with the berries/sugar and gin. Do the same for damson gin and vodka. The white powdery stuff on the outside of the sloe is, I belive a natural yeast.

I dont like drink too sweet either,how much sugar are you talking per lb?

1/4 to 1/2 lb of caster sugar per lb of sloes depending on taste. I personally use just in between. I always put in the cinnamon stick. I,ve been here in this village 21 years & this is the best year for big sloes I,ve ever seen. Best of luck Coca mate and do try it as a marinade. Did some sloes in poteen once but I prefer that without the sloes!!!

Well Allenyeates,i went with your recipie :notworthy: !

I just had a wee taste. :good: