I'm looking for a shooting partner

Hi all,

I am a 36 year old mature and experienced air rifle hunter. I have permission on around 5 miles of land in Catterick, North Yorkshire.

I am looking for a shooting partner, who shoots an air rifle to share my permission with. The person needs to be mature, have good morals, be responsible and have respect for the countryside and the vermin we will be shooting.

I work in my own time and assist a very good game keeper who is also in the North Yorkshire armed response unit. I shoot rabbit, crow and squirrel for him when ever i can leaving him to control the many foxes with his rimfire while looking after his pheasants.

The permission is over run with rabbits and carrion and in a 1 hour mooch i can easily get 6 rabbits without even trying. 3 years ago the pest controllers gassed the rabbits here and killed thousands. The rabbits are now back in their many hundreds and to assist the game keeper and stop the bunnies being gassed again i want to shoot some to keep their numbers down.

Regards

Zini.

Edited by zini

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who put 50p in him?? Anyway you can’t spell c**t without u in it?

That was nearly 10yrs ago mate   I heard a rumour that he's sorted now

hi Zini thats a nice offer that buddy shame im down south but would like to add "AS HIGHLITED ABOVE" police shooting a fox with a rimfire, is that the preferred caliber for that type of vermin????

Hi all,

I am a 36 year old mature and experienced air rifle hunter. I have permission on around 5 miles of land in Catterick, North Yorkshire.

I am looking for a shooting partner to share my permission with. The person needs to be mature, have good morals, be responsible and have respect for the countryside and the vermin we will be shooting.

I work in my own time and assist a very good game keeper who is also in the North Yorkshire armed response unit. I shoot rabbit, crow and squirrel for him when ever i can leaving him to control the many foxes with his rimfire while looking after his pheasants.

The permission is over run with rabbits and carrion and in a 1 hour mooch i can easily get 6 rabbits without even trying. 3 years ago the pest controllers gassed the rabbits here and killed thousands. The rabbits are now back in their many hundreds and to assist the game keeper and stop the bunnies being gassed again i want to shoot some to keep their numbers down.

Regards

Zini.

you have a PM and i can return the favour too

Hi all,

I am looking for a shooting partner, who shoots an air rifle to share my permission with. The person needs to be mature, have good morals, be responsible and have respect for the countryside and the vermin we will be shooting.

Regards

Zini.

hi Zini

thats a nice offer that buddy shame im down south

but would like to add "AS HIGHLITED ABOVE" police shooting a fox with a rimfire, :whistling: is that the preferred caliber for that type of vermin??????????

just a thought

regards

davy

• Like 4
A rimfire using sub sonic ammo is more than enough friend. Ask the many foxes that have been shot over the past couple of weeks on the permission. ;)

what he was saying there is a leagal point there using a rimfire on foxes , he was not questioning wether it would do the job

A rimfire using sub sonic ammo is more than enough friend. Ask the many foxes that have been shot over the past couple of weeks on the permission. ;)

what he was saying there is a leagal point there using a rimfire on foxes , he was not questioning wether it would do the job

So is it illegal to shoot a fox with a rimmy?

Phantom

So is it illegal to shoot a fox with a rimmy?

Phantom

not if its specified on your license