lets see your lamping vehicles and set ups

nice land rover mate saves the scratched roof . i had a x trail was good wagon for lamp massive sunroof when front seat was put back shooter could stand on floor and shoot out it great for contact if driver gets a fox on beam u usually get a punch on the nuts to let u know :hunter:

nice land rover mate saves the scratched roof . i had a x trail was good wagon for lamp massive sunroof when front seat was put back shooter could stand on floor and shoot out it great for contact if driver gets a fox on beam u usually get a punch on the nuts to let u know :hunter:

yes,comunication too and frow can be a little painfull at times,been looking into somekind of intercom between driver and shooter which would give instant commands between gun and lamp.

atb paul

Edited by pnse
lampandhatch.jpg

Used with a motorcycle rider to pillion type intercom.

This is probably the best bit of shooting kit i have!!!

we use the old tap the roof twice one or flash the lamp twice works for us but thought of getting a small light in jeep with a button and when u see something hit button and driver will know.dont like making any noise even whispering :hunter:
lampandhatch.jpg

we use the old tap the roof twice one or flash the lamp twice works for us but thought of getting a small light in jeep with a button and when u see something hit button and driver will know.dont like making any noise even whispering :hunter:

yes the tap method works,but i think the intercom would be better for when the landy in moving and a bit of whispering would'nt be heared over the sound of the engine,and with the gun being at a better vantage to spot ruts and such.

atb paul

yes the tap method works,but i think the intercom would be better for when the landy in moving and a bit of whispering would'nt be heared over the sound of the engine,and with the gun being at a better vantage to spot ruts and such.

atb paul

We ran with the tap method for a couple of months but Lidl were selling the intercom sets for about £7 each!!! so i tried one and it was great.

So i went back and brought 4 more....

The same thing is on the Bay number 200352957186.

We also use the padding that you buy to put on your roof rack when you acarry canoe ,around the sunroof hole to save your ribs from the ruts and holes....

here's mine give's 360* shooting and will go anywhere bar past a garage

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

thats wicked mate! what is it? i suppose you could just use piece of marine ply with a hole cut out of it too i guess.

its a defender with a sunroof fitted in the back,with a roofrack cut and fitted with ply.It's about the best setup for lamping as the driver can lamp and the rifle is always looking over the beam.

atb paul

With your Ackley's, your Prac 20 and 360* vision day and night, you must be one vermin exterminator. Love the Landy.

PV.

:icon_redface: i would'nt go that far,but half the fun is having nice kit as much as shooting it

atb paul

Out of interest Paul, who did you get to build your rifles ?

PV

lampandhatch.jpg

atb paul

must invest in one to try it

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

thats wicked mate! what is it? i suppose you could just use piece of marine ply with a hole cut out of it too i guess.

its a defender with a sunroof fitted in the back,with a roofrack cut and fitted with ply.It's about the best setup for lamping as the driver can lamp and the rifle is always looking over the beam.

atb paul

With your Ackley's, your Prac 20 and 360* vision day and night, you must be one vermin exterminator. Love the Landy.

PV.

:icon_redface: i would'nt go that far,but half the fun is having nice kit as much as shooting it

atb paul

PV

prac 20-steve bowers

243ai- russ gall

17ack-rich pope

atb paul

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

atb paul

PV.

atb paul

PV

prac 20-steve bowers

243ai- russ gall

17ack-rich pope

atb paul

Good names there Paul, are you pleased with the Lawton actions ?

PV.

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

atb paul

PV.

atb paul

PV

prac 20-steve bowers

243ai- russ gall

17ack-rich pope

atb paul

Good names there Paul, are you pleased with the Lawton actions ?

PV.

yes very,both gun will shoot better than i can here's a couple of groupsPICT0033.JPGDSCN1048.JPG

Those Lidl bike intercoms are just the job . Used ours last winter and improved communication resulted in improved kill rate and we could swear at the driver when he went over the rough stuff .

We've got a couple of old Series Landies fitted out with lamps and cages . Mine has parabolic springs which gives some comfort to those in the cage , my mate's is on standard springs - sure we've all got bruised kidneys after a night in that one !!