lets see your lamping vehicles and set ups

ok boys and girls,

i know some people out there have got some serious set ups.....hilux, disco, troopers, quads etc so lets see them!

lets also see some pics of, lamps and guns, shooting rails and platforms they use from vehicles, and general stuff people are using.........exit light, enter night!!!

i need a new 4x4 and was hoping to get some ideas.

Image008.jpg

This is my Defender setup... Shown in lamping trim, with sump guard, axle guard, steering guard. Off road tyres on steel wheels.

Mr Adventure is shown here in his favourite shooting position, seen traipsing around the countryside most weekends.

We operate in a pair, the driver lamping, but also use gun mounted lamps, or occasionally a separate lamper/gundog.

A very good set-up. Which, on productive land, can account for good numbers.

Image000.jpg

Like Mr. L, I barely ever lamped from a vehicle. Just under 30 was my biggest bag on foot.

Decided to buy this little beauty;

014.jpg

and the first night out with it on my own, shooting from both windows with a gun mounted lamp and side lights on, this happened;

DSC00235.jpg

Now I shoot from it whenever the conditions allow as the customer usually gets better results. Can't fault it as a tool with the possible exception of 28mpg average, and all the gutting! :icon_eek:

Cheers,

Steve.

These are the only piccies I could find of the various set ups we tried. The Board on the quad was great (thats not me on the quad) you could use a bipon and get a rear hand on the tank.

The SJ was a few years earlier and although you cant see it in the picture, it was a soft top and it had a full cage welded into the back. the cage then had 2 sockets that a board could mount over the driver and passengers head so again you could shoot of a bipod and get a good rear rest as well. it would go anywhere, quietly.

rifles004.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I've Lamped from the back of Landys but you need something around you when it gets slippy (checkerplate on the floor helps)

A mule is good with a board over the cab (we put one over the bonnet as well so the driver could have a go if it was appropriate) although the air filter is right where you lean against. Kubota was probably the next best thing to the SJ.

Ezzy

here's mine give's 360* shooting and will go anywhere bar past a garage

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

thats wicked mate! what is it? i suppose you could just use piece of marine ply with a hole cut out of it too i guess.

its a defender with a sunroof fitted in the back,with a roofrack cut and fitted with ply.It's about the best setup for lamping as the driver can lamp and the rifle is always looking over the beam.

atb paul

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

thats wicked mate! what is it? i suppose you could just use piece of marine ply with a hole cut out of it too i guess.

its a defender with a sunroof fitted in the back,with a roofrack cut and fitted with ply.It's about the best setup for lamping as the driver can lamp and the rifle is always looking over the beam.

atb paul

With your Ackley's, your Prac 20 and 360* vision day and night, you must be one vermin exterminator. Love the Landy.

PV.

DSCN1059.JPG

atb paul

atb paul

With your Ackley's, your Prac 20 and 360* vision day and night, you must be one vermin exterminator. Love the Landy.

PV.

:icon_redface: i would'nt go that far,but half the fun is having nice kit as much as shooting it

atb paul