AA510 CHRONO RESULTS, SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG!!!

After recently buying a Airarms 510 in 177 i have today done a test on it.

Here are my results;

The 1st shot was 11.4lbs

After 10 shots the readings went down to 10.9

After 20 shots the readings went down to 10

After 30 shots the readings went down to 9.1

After 40 shots the readings went down to 8.5

After 50 shots the readings went down to 7.6

I have not listed every reading, but the power went down after nearly every shot, I didn't find any results to show me a 'power curve' as i was expecting, and i was very disapointed how quikly it lost its power.

I filled the gun to 190 bar at the start of the test, 190 bar by the regulater on the bottle not the dial on the gun because the the dial on the gun does not show a true reading. At 190 bar on the bottle it shows 175 on the dial on the gun. I have double checked the accuracy of the bottle regulatar with the compresser at the diving shop and know the bottle regulatar is spot on.

I am using RWS superdomes and the readings are from the end of the barrel, not from a distance.

Is the dial on the gun not been accurate a common problem and does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with the gun to show these readings, or is this normal ?

Should I take it back to the shop?

Don't quite understand what you mean by 'regulated'. Its brand new and not been tampered with if thats what you mean and the accuracy is spot on-a 5p size hole at 20 yards shot after shot.
what it means mate is if its regulated it users the same amount of air every time its shoot no matter how much airs in the gun so you dont lose any power i would take it back and see what the shop says hope this helps you

i beleive the air arms range are not regulated.

it is in 177 so you are at your re-fill point after 50 shots so i think what is happening is normal.

the gun gauges differ from gun to gun and are generally for a rough guide only, i always rely on the pump/bottle gauge.

also remember that a chrono isn't always 100% accurate ( i guess you are using a crombo) which are very good but the readings can be affected by ambient light.

even if it is shooting at 10 ft/lbs it is enough to take rabbits at 30/35 yards........and it is below the legal limit by a comfortable amount for it not to be a worry if you ever use a heavier pellet.

so , i would suggest it is ok, as the first shot is good,if it was sub 10 then there would be a problem........ before you tested it where you happy with it ??? i'm guessing you where, usually the case......lol.

atb

sean

The reason i tested it was because i was getting quite alot of runners even when the gun was fully charged, and they were definate head shots at no more than 20 yards, some ran into the bushes and i couldn't find them and others i managed to chase after and ring there necks, they were all hit in head.

I think i am going to take it back to the shop and send it back to Airarms for them to check it.

The reason i tested it was because i was getting quite alot of runners even when the gun was fully charged, and they were definate head shots at no more than 20 yards, some ran into the bushes and i couldn't find them and others i managed to chase after and ring there necks, they were all hit in head.

I think i am going to take it back to the shop and send it back to Airarms for them to check it.

How many pellets have you put through your gun since you bought it?

Can anyone else conduct the same test on thier gun that Griff did, so that the results can be compared? sounds to me like it needs to go back for a check.

i will when i get my mates chrono for a couple days (waiting for him to lend it to me),

i have an AAs400 in .22, so i dont know if it will be the same results but should show wether this is normal or not.

i will pm you the results or post them here if i can find the post easily enough.

all the best

After recently buying a Airarms 510 in 177 i have today done a test on it.

Here are my results;

The 1st shot was 11.4lbs

After 10 shots the readings went down to 10.9

After 20 shots the readings went down to 10

After 30 shots the readings went down to 9.1

After 40 shots the readings went down to 8.5

After 50 shots the readings went down to 7.6

I have not listed every reading, but the power went down after nearly every shot, I didn't find any results to show me a 'power curve' as i was expecting, and i was very disapointed how quikly it lost its power.

I filled the gun to 190 bar at the start of the test, 190 bar by the regulater on the bottle not the dial on the gun because the the dial on the gun does not show a true reading. At 190 bar on the bottle it shows 175 on the dial on the gun. I have double checked the accuracy of the bottle regulatar with the compresser at the diving shop and know the bottle regulatar is spot on.

I am using RWS superdomes and the readings are from the end of the barrel, not from a distance.

Is the dial on the gun not been accurate a common problem and does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with the gun to show these readings, or is this normal ?

Should I take it back to the shop?

There is nothing wrong with your AA, they do have a Reg of sorts, but it might need adjustment, as you are well within the sub, so you could afford the main valve inlet to be wound out a few turns, Airarms or a good Gunsmith will do this for you, that way you can run her @ 11.30 ftlbs, I would not want to use your rifle running under par, state this to Airarms as it is not Humane.

Atb, foxon.

Can anyone else conduct the same test on thier gun that Griff did, so that the results can be compared? sounds to me like it needs to go back for a check.

i will when i get my mates chrono for a couple days (waiting for him to lend it to me),

i have an AAs400 in .22, so i dont know if it will be the same results but should show wether this is normal or not.

i will pm you the results or post them here if i can find the post easily enough.

all the best

Nice one, post on here, then everyone can see the results, should be interesting :thumbs: