Fox shooting i love all these pictures

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason every shooter should have a dog to retrive the fox instead of blowing its leg off with a crap shot and it getting away down the dyke or bush whatever! i know most use a dog when shooting but if you dont then bare in mind if you done a crap shot like so the dog can always fininsh it off,and sent the fox if it makes any cover.

who is to say that the foxes leg was blown off as you put it , the fox could have been born like that ,

or it could of got caught in a combine when harvesting , i have seen it happen but it could have happend a number of different ways ... ...

Its great how all the Fox Shooters come out the woodwork Aug/Sept time with there pictures, so easy to shoot cubs, lets get the real Foxshooters on here to show a few pics of winter foxes...

Iwill start 1st

11thJan.jpg

dogfox.jpg

just a couple to get going with hiluxmk3 :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Now i can upload from my mobile.

Some keith parry and my self shot.

Note one of the photos the fox has only half a back leg.

Nice foxes mate...

injured foxes missing legs is more common than i thought, i have shot a few in the years that i have been shooting them, but i got 2 about a month apart, both were healed and foxes were in very good condition.

thanks for posting your pictures for us all to see , keep up the good work

hiluxmk3

This is the reason every shooter should have a dog to retrive the fox instead of blowing its leg off with a crap shot and it getting away down the dyke or bush whatever! i know most use a dog when shooting but if you dont then bare in mind if you done a crap shot like so the dog can always fininsh it off,and sent the fox if it makes any cover.

Are you for real if either of the 2 Foxes i shot with limbs missing had these injuries done due to a poor shot by a previous shooter ,DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD STAND AGAIN FOR A LAMP...no feckin chance....

YOU TRY SHOOTING A FOX THAT HAS BEEN LAMPED AND SHOT AT BEFORE, DONT BLINK OR OR YOU WILL MISS ITS QUICK DEPARTURE.

these type of injuries are more common than you think its a big bad world out there, i only stated i havent shot a lot like this in my 35 years of shooting Foxes but as the post replys indicate its not as uncommon as i thought for shooters to come across these types of injuries on Foxes. :big_boss:

what a cracking fox, we would call it "a coal fox" in germany. is that the case here too?

from both colour and size a belter whatever you want to call it!

have to take some pics next time a red one crosses my path!

GREAT THREAD. KEEP IT UP!