rabbit acribats

How do lads

not been on for a while but hey, me and my pal were out the other night with the lamp and me a bsa ultra multi and my pal an bsa lightning, so we take a walk down to a nice bit of land were we had previously cut ourself a little hide to shoot from.

So the 1st shot goes off from the lightning as a nice mature bugs creeps out of the shadow and into the light and he goes out without a fuss, ten minutes later the 2nd appears into the light so i put it in my sight right on his head and bang ha the bunnie does a spin pulls it self together and off he hops :wallbash: so out pops another and bang with the lightning and the same again a quick spin and off he hops, 4 more shots and a few more acribatts later and still nothing, this has happened to us twice now and how annoying but hey ho must persist but god damm are things made of steel or what?? anyone else seen this with there shoots?

How do lads

not been on for a while but hey, me and my pal were out the other night with the lamp and me a bsa ultra multi and my pal an bsa lightning, so we take a walk down to a nice bit of land were we had previously cut ourself a little hide to shoot from.

So the 1st shot goes off from the lightning as a nice mature bugs creeps out of the shadow and into the light and he goes out without a fuss, ten minutes later the 2nd appears into the light so i put it in my sight right on his head and bang ha the bunnie does a spin pulls it self together and off he hops :wallbash: so out pops another and bang with the lightning and the same again a quick spin and off he hops, 4 more shots and a few more acribatts later and still nothing, this has happened to us twice now and how annoying but hey ho must persist but god damm are things made of steel or what?? anyone else seen this with there shoots?

sounds like your gun has lost power :icon_redface:

How do lads

Same thing with me one night, whacked one with the 243 and same as you done a loop the loop and disapeared into the bushes, went to investegate, and sure enough there it was lying flat out looking more like 3lb of mince. LOL :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

How do lads

sounds like your gun has lost power :icon_redface:

or out of range :thumbs:

Your not using Bisley Magnum are you Les?

Was out with a mate the other week. I know he's hitting them and they are still running! He wont use the BizMags anymore. 1st bunny took one straight through the head and it began running. Took another to decimate the brain and it stopped.

Failing that, I'll come out with you and show you how its done ;)

Phantom

got to be power then if in range.

what about zero is that ok

just thinking about this again are you using 22 or 177 as with the 177 it is possible that being slightly of target for eny reason it is possible for the pellet to go through the nasal passage of the rabbit witch would explain why they jump about but are not dead

Guest Scuba1

hehe i was right for once :D:icon_redface:

Great ............ now I can sit back for a while and post BS and let you do all the sensible answers.

ATB

Michael

hehe i was right for once :D:icon_redface:

Great ............ now I can sit back for a while and post BS and let you do all the sensible answers.

ATB

Michael

haha ok :D wots BS??? :blink:

think i just got it, is it bullshit?? (sorry if not ment to swear on this forum)

It's not likely to be the pellet, any shaped piece of lead hitting a rabbits head at 20 yards with 12 ft/lbs will kill it. Check your zero at the range that you were shooting. Wind is another factor that will push pellets off course by a surprising amount. Impossible to be specific without being there, but my guess is that the scope settings have moved, usually due to a knock. It pays to check your zero every time that you go out, saves the frustration of nights such as this one!