Rabbits not staying out.

Guest air gunner

Guest air gunner

sorry to be blunt but we are not stupid.

yep PM

Of course we sit down wind.

it was a different field we hunted the day before.

we wear camo and balaclavers and we were behind tall grass not only this but they hadent noticed us. they werent even sitting up ears pricked.

To be honest yes 3 hours is a huge waist of time i could be earning money or doing something more constructive.

We have done the sit out for hours thing and it sucks we get more by field hopping and only hunting once a few months at these fields.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what is the reason for buying a pcp?

To be perfectly honest, it was one of those "I want one" things. :icon_redface:

Then when I happened into some brass and the S200 came up for £200 inc bag scope, pump and pellets it became one of those "I WILL have one".

I have only taken it out twice so far and have had good results with it especially when lying in wait.

But next time I go out, Im taking the springer :D

Phantom

Guest air gunner

ANY gun , Any one at all , is only as good as the bloke on the end of it

Well the bloke on the end of this one has done a lot of targets and has taken a fair few rabbits and pigeons. im not complaining about the accuracy. just queerieing about the noise and if it affects the rabbits and if a pcps quietness removes this problem.

Guest buster321c

Ok pm , got it , well im only trying to offer my advise , and give my view on it , it seems you are taking it the wrong way , im not implying you are stupid , or dont know what your doing , just trying to go through the obvious things.

better accuracy for a novice , quicker reloading times, less noise if you want the best advantage apply for your fac

I'd have to disagree with the above :o

1st take the silencer off and its a hell of a crack!

2nd it takes me twice the time to reload my PCP! :icon_redface: and getting the buggers in the right way round :angry:

Must get a 10 shot conversion kit and solve both problems in one :D

Phantom

better accuracy for a novice , quicker reloading times, less noise if you want the best advantage apply for your fac

2nd it takes me twice the time to reload my PCP! :icon_redface: and getting the buggers in the right way round :angry:

Phantom

im only typing from my experience i wouldnt take the silencer off , the gun i shot was my mates and was like a .22 rf for reloading with a 5 shot mag , my springer was a nightmare and it might of been from my lack of skill but i was shit with it :(

After spending a bit of time shooting at a mates and shooting in his paddocks. we begun to get a little frustrated. Both of us are using springers him a webly stingray and me my supersport. so there we are we have sat out for around 15 mins and nothing just as we are about to check another spot. some rabbits pop out a good 50yrds away. not wanting to risk any shots we start to crawl closer as we did this a bunny poppe out 5yrds away from me so obviously it dropped like a stone. not a movement. one down we look back to the others and they are all gone. This is not the only time however. we can only ever get one per field becasue the others just go! i have found this at all the places i have shot at. apart from one where i went with a guy with a pcp. So after much anoyance we have a theory that pcps would mean the bunnys are not spooked so you can pop them off one by one. Is this true? Also i know most of you reccomend any air arms rifles but what about the bsa ultra multishot? scorpion? and the new FX guns? any good.

patience!! is your best wepon, apart from the obvious!

Phantom

im only typing from my experience i wouldnt take the silencer off , the gun i shot was my mates and was like a .22 rf for reloading with a 5 shot mag , my springer was a nightmare and it might of been from my lack of skill but i was shit with it :(

Dont look like :( just having a laugh at myself for having ruddy fat fingers ;):D Im still getting used to the PCP and I have real problems loading the thing :doh:

Springers take a while to get used to them, you were probably holding it too tightly, we all did that to start with :doh:

Phantom

A pcp is a lot easier to extract accuracy from as it's a lot less hold sensitive. An air efficient pcp can be moderated very well. A pcp with a magazine allows the possibilty of taking a second rabbit if it pauses at the burrow. A good fac pcp will reach out to 75yds in calm conditions.

Neil

Edited by stillair1