At the end of the day, it does not matter much what others think of them as long as your gun spits them out in tight groups you are on a winner.

ATB

Michael

When I and Riffraff went out last time for a spot of bunny bashing, Riff was giving them a try :o:(:cry:

1st bunny took two to the head before it dropped, all the others ran. Probably much better in .22 but seemed to cut through the skulls all to easily in .177

I tried the .177 in my HW40 for comps. VERY tight groups indeed :clapper: well impressed.

Phantom

i got a couple of tins of these for close range ratting and they are definatly a pcp or fac pellet at over 21 grains they are heavy

my ytins are bisly magnums however underneath the tin they say barracuda same pellet but lubed these pellets work well in my falcon at no more than 25 meters so are ideal for close range ratting and have tremendous stopping power at these distancesand dont seem to over penetrate like my aa fields do at that range

try them and see but id say its definatley not a sub 12 pound springer pellet atb mal

I used .177 mags for years and found them to be best pellet for killing little vermin things in a sub FAC airgun.

They hold their enegy much better than most pellets down-range and if your gun shoots well with them you won't go far wrong.

In .22 they do fly relatively very slowly, so if your range estimates only off by 3 or 5 ish yards past 25 or so, you'll be missing your aim point by a fair old margin.

In .22 best keep to very close range, or upgrade to FAC.

Cheers.

Just paying £4 a tin i thought they would be slated by everyone who has used them. by the way they say bisley magnums on the front of the tin but underneath it says barracuda does this make any difference to the pellet ?

Richard

I used .177 mags for years and found them to be best pellet for killing little vermin things in a sub FAC airgun.

They hold their enegy much better than most pellets down-range and if your gun shoots well with them you won't go far wrong.

In .22 they do fly relatively very slowly, so if your range estimates only off by 3 or 5 ish yards past 25 or so, you'll be missing your aim point by a fair old margin.

In .22 best keep to very close range, or upgrade to FAC.

Cheers.

Fully agree with the comments about the .22 version. Any benefit the pellet size or shape may give you is totally lost due to the fact that its so difficult to hit anything!

Also, you mentioned they cost £4 a tin... don't they come in tins of 200?!?! Making them about the same price as AA Field Diablos which come in a tin of 500

just tried them now getting 5p group sizes so im happy with them :yahoo::yahoo: and they keep there energy well too i was shooting at strongbow can filled with water at about 30 yards and they were just falling over with a little hole in them when i used normal flathead pellets but when i used the magnums they jumped up to a foot in the air everytime with a 50p sized hole in the other side :shok: . i highly recomend these pellets to anyone. i also recomend using breeze blocks as a backstop because i only got 1 pellet that flew away out of about 50 i shot and that could be solved by puttin a little bit of carpet infront of it.

Richard

Edited by RaiderBoy