fishing for rats

Anyone know anything about the test curve, B.S. and hook size ?

If that took off you'd have fellows breeding 10 lbers and stocking their basements. Then there'd be bag limits. Then barbless hooks. Then bait restrictions.

After 20 years no one would want to catch a 10 lber ,it would have to be a 20 lber with a name stuck on it being caught twice a week.

Think I'll stick with wild mice on a natural bait.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think he should have dispatched the rat straight away and not just dangle it there shouting at it like a hillbilly. i fish myself and if the fish is undersize i return it straight away. if its right

i think its nothing but animal cruelty,just because its a rat it doesnt mean it deserves less respect!,if it were a fox or a badger being caught the same way thered be an uproar!

But its ok for fish??? I'd be happy to do that to a rat if the scruffy little feckers were in my house!

you shud go by ur signature.... did someone else type it for you?

anti anti anti anti anti anti :angry: anti anti :angry:

anti lol...maybe anti muppet,by trade im a pest control/dog warden,part time keeper...keep bull crossers vizslas and ferrets and fly harris hawks and accipiters!!! iv forgotten more about hunting than youve seen on a keyboard pal!... i just think sticking a bit of steel into a mammals mouth a little cruel...specially the way he f****d about like a nob.if he killed it instantly it might of been something!

Crock of shit, you can call me an anti all you want but theres no sport to that. Cruelty pure and simple. There must be a seperate forum somewhere that caters only for blood thirsty halfwits that some of you people can go to? Otherwise we all get tarred with the same brush :no:

im sorry , it may look cruel but just look at the bloke lol

next your going to say bullfighting is cruel (you know the spanish national sport !!)

or the people who catch bats with hooks attached to kites to eat .

what about trawlers who catch fish and just let them flap to death.

plenty more and you know it .

jesus its a f*****g rat , he wasnt torturing it but just held it at distance .

and whats being a dog warden got to do with anything? does that make you better then the rest of us? is that it garypo ...

and looking at the reply you gave on youtube 'im a dog warden' was pure class ...makes you sound a bit like the fella catching rats witha rod lol

as for sticking steel in animals , please please go to a game fair and shout at the top of your voice to the farmers leading bulls round a ring you think they are cruel. get a grip

and for the record , i dont think your an anti :) other things yes but not an anti .

now lets get back to taking the piss out of the stupid redneck :)

next your going to say bullfighting is cruel (you know the spanish national sport !!)

and whats being a dog warden got to do with anything? does that make you better then the rest of us? is that it garypo ...

and looking at the reply you gave on youtube 'im a dog warden' was pure class ...makes you sound a bit like the fella catching rats witha rod lol

as for sticking steel in animals , please please go to a game fair and shout at the top of your voice to the farmers leading bulls round a ring you think they are cruel. get a grip

and for the record , i dont think your an anti :) other things yes but not an anti .

liston i am sorry i said the word anti i am sorry for calling you it :wallbash: . but [bANNED TEXT] chimp said is dead [bANNED TEXT]. :clapper: but could you just clear one thing up wots the crack with the post on youtube then the post on hear .just a bit strange , eny way i would not of put the link up if i new it would of startid this . but come on that red neck is dead funny !!!!

i think its nothing but animal cruelty,just because its a rat it doesnt mean it deserves less respect!,if it were a fox or a badger being caught the same way thered be an uproar!

But its ok for fish??? I'd be happy to do that to a rat if the scruffy little feckers were in my house!

you shud go by ur signature.... did someone else type it for you?

No I typed that myself and if you notice I spelled it all correctly.

i said dogwarden/pest control its what i do im a dual officer lol,i deal with rats most days,putting a hook into a mammal aint quite right is it! chimp uv alway had a problem with ,e what it is i dont really know! to be honest im not really f uck ing bothered! either... some things just shouldnt be aired for all to see... just cos its a rat ot doesnt make it right!

i dont claim to be better than anyone else i never have i just see the difference in right and wrong!

im not a newcomer to the sport ive been into hunting fishing falconry since i was a kid! i beleive quarry shud be respected and suffering kept to a minimum! you think thats wrong mate crack on!!!!