TX200HC poss power issue

Now i dont know if my gun is lacking a bit of power or not so perhaps you can help.

What range would you reckon it should take down rabbits at, i thought a head shot at 35 yards would be possible to get a humane kill but so far its not happening.

Lay the crosshairs on the bunnies head, fire, whack, pellet strikes and bunny runs off. At 30 yds bunnie drops dead.

Now there is a chance i am not quite guessing my yardage right, i take fairly big steps so could be out but i wouldnt think by far.

I am well happy with the accuracy of the gun, putting pellet on pellet on targets and good penetration into the piece of wood i use as a stop.

I have only put about 100 pellets, AA Diablo's through it since new if thats any help.

Col

if you have any doubts....have it chrono'd you cannot guess the power of an air rifle.

the tx is more than capable of taking rabbits at 35 yards, i presume,as you say, you have probably got your distances wrong......easily done.

as always the key to humanely killing rabbits is shot placement.

where are you aiming ????

atb

sean

I dont have a chrono to test it on Sean but will try and get it tested.

Head shots only, i am aiming just below the base of there ears, behind there eyes if you get what i mean.

Those so far that i have taken have all died swiftly with pellets in this area.

thats exactly right mate....you shouldn't be having any trouble at that range and shot placement.

it could be the fact that the gun is new and had very few shots through it.

they do improve over time as the barrel beds in...........a crombo mk 4 chrono will cost you just under £40 from uttings.com good invetment and you will be able to check the power of your gun every month or so to see if your power levels are up or down.

cheers

sean

i bought a tx200 last year its a lovely rifle to shoot but it seemed a little low powered about 10.5 pound but i have put a few tins of pellets through it and now its shooting 11.4 pounds so they do improve with use

i would definatly invest in a combro mk4 a nice bit of kit and gives you piece of mind however you have to mount it upside down on the tx as it wont fit right way up as its an underlever and for less the 40 quid its less than fout tins of aa diabolo fields atb mal