• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOBS announced a "great" insurance deal as a result of linking with SACS but some people questioned whether the cover would be valid if beaters etc got paid, even a brace of birds is legally a payment.

Ian Clark SACS Director stated that they would be covered but then this was posted by Foxgun Tom:::

If fellow guns will allow me to make a few points clear from my perspective as the former "Development Officer" for "THE SCOTTISH ASSOCIATON FOR COUNTRYSPORTS" (SACS) I have major concerns that NOBS as an organisation and its members are being misled in relation to the insurance cover!! and that its members may be put at risk??

The insurance cover is for sporting purposes only!! If an individual is picking up, beating and receives finanancial reward or any other renumeration, thats a commercial enterprise and the insurance is void, full stop!

Part of my remit as the former Development Officer with SACS was promotion and recruitment and explaining the benefits and pitfalls of the insurance cover to potential members

My understanding is that Ian Clark may have recruited NOBS as members simply to boost numbers for the benefit of the management committee and to keep secure his own posistion as Director? without discussing the full implications of the insurance cover?. I am fully aware that membership has been affected since I left?, many clubs and single members simply have not renewed!! I am personally still getting at least between 15/20 enquiries a month re: membership to SAC's I normally direct these potential members elsewhere!!

Another point re: NOBS relationship with SACS should also be of some concern to Nobs members? NOBS is a UK nation wide organisation!! SACS was formed and exists to protect and preserve fieldsports Scotland and Northern Ireland only!!, It cannot lobby, protect promote or secure any fieldsport in England or Wales and that includes shooting!! this is all outside of SACS remit

Monies raised through SACS membership is used in Scotland and Northern Ireland, "it is not for the benefit of England and Wales!! I wonder if thes points were made clear to NOBS members??

Tom

Ps: This post is not written with any malice in mind!! its fact based on my experience and knowledge as the former Development Officer of SACS and what still appears on the SACS website and mission statement to this very day!!

Below is some extracts from the SACS website:

http://www.sacs.org.uk/Sacs/Mission%20Statement.htm

WELCOME to the SACS WEBSITE

We exist to promote and protect the future of country sports in Scotland and Northern Ireland, the environment on which they depend, and the interests of those people who are involved or employed in managing, conserving, and enjoying Scotland's and Northern Ireland's unique sporting heritage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sacs.org.uk/

Background

The Association was formed in 1994, in response to a growing belief by country sportsmen in Scotland that their best interests were not being served by existing countryside organisations, which were based in England.

Scotland, with its different countryside, separate legal system and cultural differences from the rest of the UK did not fit conveniently into the "English" pattern.

It was felt strongly that Scottish members of these organisations were being treated unfairly by comparison with the English members, who formed the greater part of the membership of these organisations.

SACS is based in Scotland, run by people living in Scotland for people living or taking part in country sports here. It is not restricted to shooting sports – we represent all who use the country for sport, whether you hunt, shoot, fish, fly hawks, work terriers – the list is endless.

This post has been edited by Foxgun Tom: Today, 02:28 PM

--------------------

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here;

My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer;

A-chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,

My heart's in the Highlands wherever I go.in kind and the cover stated for sport only.

Seems someone is misleading someone!!!

Edited later by Foxgun tom:

If fellow guns will allow me to make a few points clear from my perspective as the former "Development Officer" for "THE SCOTTISH ASSOCIATON FOR COUNTRYSPORTS" (SACS) I have major concerns that NOBS as an organisation and its members may be misled in relation to the insurance cover!! and that its members may be put at risk?? This alliance is more beneficial to SACS than NOBS? If NOBS membership numbers are to be believed? NOBS have a far larger membership than SACS? A member of SACS contacted office admin last year enquiring about total no: of membership she was informed the total was over 4,000 plus! The office admin was rebuked for this and next time told to say "We have had over 10,000 members, I was also told to say the same to potential advertisers seeking adverts in the magazine, if they asked the same question!!

The insurance cover is for sporting purposes only!! If an individual is picking up, beating and receives finanancial reward or any other renumeration, thats a commercial enterprise, in my opinion!! as I was always told that by Ian Clark!!!! for over five years, while involved in recruitment and that the insurance would be void, full stop!

Ian Clark also say's "I try to explain things clearly, in plain english - if anyone needs clarification of anything I say, I am always happy to do that - it just means that my english wasn't plain enough, not that there is anything being concealed or twisted."

I have asked him to clarify a number of things whilst Development Officer and since leaving!! and so have members? the result was we were all ignored!! Its, the strategy of the Director to bluff and ignore when a difficult question is put!! especially one he does'nt want to or can't answer He's done to members while I've been there and he's recently done it to me!!

As this is an issue about the integrity of the insurance!! and that was one of the reasons I left the association, eg: unqualified coaches on clay stands teaching members of the public?. What would the insurers reaction be if a member of the public was injured while being taught by an unqualified coach?? There were unqualified coaches on the SACS try gun stand at the Dumfries and Galloway show this year again??, despite me voicing concerns last year!! One of whom was a young lad who lost an eye in a shooting accident a couple of years ago and he was teaching a child despite having no qualification to do so??, there was also no police disclosure checks to allay fears that these coaches were fit and proper persons to inter-act with children? That was another concern I raised!! Are police disclosure checks an element of the insurance?

Part of my remit as the former Development Officer with SACS was promotion and recruitment and explaining the benefits and pitfalls of the insurance cover to potential members

My understanding is that Ian Clark may have recruited NOBS as members simply to boost numbers for the benefit of the management committee and to keep secure his own posistion as Director? without discussing the full implications of the insurance cover?. I am fully aware that membership has been affected since I left?, many clubs and single members simply have not renewed!! I am personally still getting at least between 15/20 enquiries a month re: membership to SAC's I normally direct these potential members elsewhere!!

Another point re: NOBS relationship with SACS should also be of some concern to Nobs members? NOBS is a UK nation wide organisation!! SACS was formed and exists to protect and preserve fieldsports Scotland and Northern Ireland only!!, It cannot lobby, protect promote or secure any fieldsport in England or Wales and that includes shooting!! this is all outside of SACS remit

Monies raised through SACS membership is used in Scotland and Northern Ireland, "it is not for the benefit of England and Wales!! I wonder if thes points were made clear to NOBS members?? The only benefit to members south of the border is cheap insurance they do not share the other benefits secured if your a member in Scotland and Northern Ireland, my posistion on that matter is that its always been unfair and should have been change a long time ago!!!!!!!!

Tom

Ps: This post is not written with any malice in mind!! its fact based on my experience and knowledge as the former Development Officer of SACS and what still appears on the SACS website and mission statement to this very day!!

We exist to promote and protect the future of country sports in Scotland and Northern Ireland, the environment on which they depend, and the interests of those people who are involved or employed in managing, conserving, and enjoying Scotland's and Northern Ireland's unique sporting heritage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background

The Association was formed in 1994, in response to a growing belief by country sportsmen in Scotland that their best interests were not being served by existing countryside organisations, which were based in England.

Scotland, with its different countryside, separate legal system and cultural differences from the rest of the UK did not fit conveniently into the "English" pattern.

It was felt strongly that Scottish members of these organisations were being treated unfairly by comparison with the English members, who formed the greater part of the membership of these organisations.

SACS is based in Scotland, run by people living in Scotland for people living or taking part in country sports here. It is not restricted to shooting sports – we represent all who use the country for sport, whether you hunt, shoot, fish, fly hawks, work terriers – the list is endless.

This post has been edited by Foxgun Tom: Today, 05:22 PM

If fellow guns will allow me to make a few points clear from my perspective as the former "Development Officer" for "THE SCOTTISH ASSOCIATON FOR COUNTRYSPORTS" (SACS) I have major concerns that NOBS as an organisation and its members may be misled in relation to the insurance cover!! and that its members may be put at risk?? This alliance is more beneficial to SACS than NOBS? If NOBS membership numbers are to be believed? NOBS have a far larger membership than SACS? A member of SACS (Mrs F Booth) contacted office admin last year enquiring about total no: of membership she was informed the total was just over 4,000 plus!, I was totally taken aback by the statement and when I asked for the truth in relation to membership no's, I was informed by the office admin, that number was a true reflection of the membership (I was speaking to the admin when the call came through) The office admin was rebuked for this and next time told to say by Ian Clark "We have had over 10,000 members, I was also told to say the same to potential advertisers seeking adverts in the magazine, if they asked the same question!!

The insurance cover is for sporting purposes only!! If an individual is picking up, beating and receives finanancial reward or any other renumeration, thats a commercial enterprise, in my opinion!! as I was always told that repeatedly by Ian Clark!!!! for over five years, while involved in recruitment and that the insurance would be void, full stop!

Ian Clark also say's "I try to explain things clearly, in plain english - if anyone needs clarification of anything I say, I am always happy to do that - it just means that my english wasn't plain enough, not that there is anything being concealed or twisted."

I have asked him to clarify a number of things whilst Development Officer and since leaving!! and so have members? the result was we were all ignored!! Its, the strategy of the Director to bluff and ignore when a difficult question is put!! especially one he does'nt want to or can't answer He's done this to members for years while I've been there and he's recently done it to me!! This paragraph is'nt a personal attack (I've shared rooms with him, socialiised with him and for a long time regarded him as a close friend! I even tried to heal the rift and build bridges recently and was ignored!) its just the way Ian runs SACS??

As this is an issue about the integrity of the insurance!! and that was one of the reasons I left the association, eg: unqualified coaches on clay stands teaching members of the public?. What would the insurers reaction be if a member of the public was injured while being taught by an unqualified coach?? There were unqualified coaches on the SACS try gun stand at the Dumfries and Galloway show this year again??, despite me voicing concerns last year!! One of whom was a young lad who lost an eye in a shooting accident a couple of years ago and he was teaching a child despite having no qualification to do so??, there was also no police disclosure checks to allay fears that these coaches were fit and proper persons to inter-act with children? That was another concern I raised!! Are police disclosure checks an element of the insurance?

Monies raised through SACS membership is used in Scotland and Northern Ireland, "it is not for the benefit of England and Wales!! I wonder if thes points were made clear to NOBS members?? The only benefit to members south of the border is cheap insurance they do not share the other benefits secured if your a member in Scotland and Northern Ireland, my posistion on that matter is that its always been unfair and should have been change a long time ago!!!!!!!!

Tom

Background

This post has been edited by Foxgun Tom: Yesterday, 05:50 PM

If fellow guns will allow me to make a few points clear from my perspective as the former "Development Officer" for "THE SCOTTISH ASSOCIATON FOR COUNTRYSPORTS" (SACS) I have major concerns that NOBS as an organisation and its members may be misled in relation to the insurance cover!! and that its members may be put at risk?? This alliance is more beneficial to SACS than NOBS? If NOBS membership numbers are to be believed? NOBS have a far larger membership than SACS? A member of SACS (Mrs F Booth) contacted office admin last year enquiring about total no: of membership she was informed the total was just over 4,000 plus!, I was totally taken aback by the statement and when I asked for the truth in relation to membership no's, I was informed by the office admin, that number was a true reflection of the membership (I was speaking to the admin when the call came through) The office admin was rebuked for this and next time told to say by Ian Clark "We have had over 10,000 members, I was also told to say the same to potential advertisers seeking adverts in the magazine, if they asked the same question!!

The insurance cover is for sporting purposes only!! If an individual is picking up, beating and receives finanancial reward or any other renumeration, thats a commercial enterprise, in my opinion!! as I was always told that repeatedly by Ian Clark!!!! for over five years, while involved in recruitment and that the insurance would be void, full stop!

I have asked him to clarify a number of things whilst Development Officer and since leaving!! and so have members? the result was we were all ignored!! Its, the strategy of the Director to bluff and ignore when a difficult question is put!! especially one he does'nt want to or can't answer He's done this to members for years while I've been there and he's recently done it to me!! This paragraph is'nt a personal attack (I've shared rooms with him, socialiised with him and for a long time regarded him as a close friend! I even tried to heal the rift and build bridges recently and was ignored!) its just the way Ian runs SACS??

Tom

Background

This post has been edited by Foxgun Tom: Yesterday, 05:50 PM

I have never been quoted so much in my life :blink: but I'm quite happy to endorse and state on this forum that the details above which appeared in another forum therein are factually correct!!

To quote an old military saying " I was that soldier and I was there"!!!!!!

Unfortunately for SACS and its Director Ian Clark, they can't and won't re-butt my version of events as I'm telling the truth and would be prepared to bring ex members forward to substansiate the true version of events!!!

Tom

I have never been quoted so much in my life :blink: but I'm quite happy to endorse and state on this forum that the details above which appeared in another forum therein are factually correct!!

Unfortunately for SACS and its Director Ian Clark, they can't and won't re-butt my version of events as I'm telling the truth and would be prepared to bring ex members forward to substansiate the true version of events!!!

Tom

Having had the great pleasure to have met Tom, and enjoyed the pleasure of his company and also his alcoholic concoctions!!!! - I have never met ANYONE committed more to forwarding ALL countryside pursuits without exception not just those enjoyed by some.

A straighter guy you could never wish to meet.

Tom

Having had the great pleasure to have met Tom, and enjoyed the pleasure of his company and also his alcoholic concoctions!!!! - I have never met ANYONE committed more to forwarding ALL countryside pursuits without exception not just those enjoyed by some.

Wait till he spits out the dummy with your org you'll see how straight and eloquent he really is. yours in anticipation

Tom

Wait till he spits out the dummy with your org you'll see how straight and eloquent he really is. yours in anticipation

Strange that on my perambulations around the country, I have met so many people who seem to NOT have fallen out with Tom but more so with the two organisations NOBS/SACS which are now happily married!

If he has things which he is not happy about then i am more than happy to discuss matters with him, and if i feel his arguments are correct then amend my own viewpoint. In life nothing is cast in stone but in all dealings with the public, especially those paying money to organisations then it is only right that those organisations give credence to their members views and give them a say in how things are run. We do, I believe, still live in a democracy, even though I may differ on some viewpoints i will still respect anothers right to have an opinion, and will try not to denigrate that opinion.

Tom

Strange that on my perambulations around the country, I have met so many people who seem to NOT have fallen out with Tom but more so with the two organisations NOBS/SACS which are now happily married!

If he has things which he is not happy about then i am more than happy to discuss matters with him, and if i feel his arguments are correct then amend my own viewpoint. In life nothing is cast in stone but in all dealings with the public, especially those paying money to organisations then it is only right that those organisations give credence to their members views and give them a say in how things are run. We do, I believe, still live in a democracy, even though I may differ on some viewpoints i will still respect anothers right to have an opinion, and will try not to denigrate that opinion.

Nobs/Sacs/Basc/Alliance, I hear he's in the Sga now I doubt Alex Hogg is getting much sleep this weather.

Tom

Nobs/Sacs/Basc/Alliance, I hear he's in the Sga now I doubt Alex Hogg is getting much sleep this weather.

Events Co-ordinater! you still have me at a disadvantage has I have'nt a clue who you are! why don't you identify yourself?, we can have a proper debate without one of us not knowing who they're dealing with!! and unlike yourself I don't spread lies and rumours!! Have you apologised yet for spreading the rumour a child was run into with a quad bike?? Obviously you have an agenda and it looks as if I'm at the centre of it, As for Alex Hogg sleeping at night why not!! I'm not involved in any capacity with the SGA execpt as being an ordinary member??

Silver pigeon! obviously a senior member of the pigeon watch forum who was to shit scared to leave my comments in place re: nobs insurance and the pitfalls that may occur? despite me being able to substansiate my post!!

With accordance to the guidelines on the hunting life none of the above comments attributed to me are either: "false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, violative of any law or otherwise damaging to hunting in general.

Tom

Ps: If you read this thread it was'nt me who did the cross posting I've only highlighted the problems in another thread Nobs, members might come across? if they make an insurance claim while beating for reward as highlighted on SAC'S own website

The comments re: the Director of Sac's is gleaned from personal knowledge as the former Development Officer of SAC's and a close friendship that has now unfortunately ended, SAC'S still has a lot to offer in the way of cheap insurance but it comes at a price?? Don't mislead people by assuring them the policy covers them, when it may not??

Tom

Edited by Foxgun Tom

Tom

Events Co-ordinater! you still have me at a disadvantage has I have'nt a clue who you are! why don't you identify yourself?, we can have a proper debate without one of us not knowing who they're dealing with!! and unlike yourself I don't spread lies and rumours!! Have you apologised yet for spreading the rumour a child was run into with a quad bike?? Obviously you have an agenda and it looks as if I'm at the centre of it, As for Alex Hogg sleeping at night why not!! I'm not involved in any capacity with the SGA execpt as being an ordinary member??

Silver pigeon! obviously a senior member of the pigeon watch forum who was to shit scared to leave my comments in place re: nobs insurance and the pitfalls that may occur? despite me being able to substansiate my post!!

With accordance to the guidelines on the hunting life none of the above comments attributed to me are either: "false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, violative of any law or otherwise damaging to hunting in general.

Tom

Ps: If you read this thread it was'nt me who did the cross posting I've only highlighted the problems in another thread Nobs, members might come across? if they make an insurance claim while beating for reward as highlighted on SAC'S own website

The comments re: the Director of Sac's is gleaned from personal knowledge as the former Development Officer of SAC's and a close friendship that has now unfortunately ended, SAC'S still has a lot to offer in the way of cheap insurance but it comes at a price?? Don't mislead people by assuring them the policy covers them, when it may not??

Tom

Strange you seemed to know my name at D&G when it was being mentioned by you in the beer tent on the Saturday night.

You couldn't be more wrong, I am not a senior member of anywhere, certainly not an Internet Forum.

I have been in your presence (with others) and have heard your rantings about threatening legal action to all and sundry.

Not a very edifying spectacle.