• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really like to put anything down or anyone on a forum,

it just not me.

But i would say not really i use to be in it when it was free, and its wasnt any good,and now you have to pay, theres nothing on there you could find out with BASC or a loacl keeper or a friend whom has working gundogs

save your money for a good beating stick.

really i would get chatting to a local keeper pop round and have a chat, am sure with the season on its way they might be on the look out for some good beaters even better if you have a dog you will get paid.

all the best

Edited by welsh-dragon

NOBS IS A CON! THEY PROMISE WORK IF YOU JOIN,SO YOU JOIN THEN THEY TELL YOU YOU NEED TO PAY £60 TO DO A COURSE ,THEN YOULL GET WORK................. I BET THERES ANOTHER SCAM FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD BEFORE YOU CAN GET TOLD SORRY MATE NOTHIN IN YOUR AREA!

theres a few MEMBERS on here, do a search

EX members mate. For the dirt on NOBS view getitorfyerchest.myfreeforum.org.

For getting into beating, picking up and loading - FREE OF CHARGES - then try www.pubs.myfunforum.org - even its beaters courses, which are to be held on a proper shoot day, are free, and include fantastic food and a free oven ready brace of birds.

You dont even have to register to use it.

Edited by PuBS
NOBS IS A CON! THEY PROMISE WORK IF YOU JOIN,SO YOU JOIN THEN THEY TELL YOU YOU NEED TO PAY £60 TO DO A COURSE ,THEN YOULL GET WORK................. I BET THERES ANOTHER SCAM FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD BEFORE YOU CAN GET TOLD SORRY MATE NOTHIN IN YOUR AREA!

Last year NOBS beaters courses were £75, including refreshments and lunch but werent held a shootday.See post ref PuBS Courses they are and its all FREE

NOBS is now a money making scheme for a few greedy :wankerzo4:

Sadly that is a commonly held belief nowadays.

I support their core aims but dont agree with people having to pay fees and often not getting anything afterwards.

Many keepers describe them in terms far too strong for my delicate disposition, especially when they have to pay double!

Their latest sale of a book on Beating and Picking up (see separate thread) can be bought at a significant discount from other sources and does contain significant inaccuracies, and at least one photograph depicting foolhardy if not illegal actions.

PuBS is free and it has managed to put people on shoots.

was a member for 2 years never got 2 beat once biggest load off :censored: don't waste ur money. go around ur local shoots ask keepers in local shoots if any chance off a beat ull be suprised how keen they are for good beaters :hunter:

common experience sadly- but if you dont know any keepers try PuBS

On the pubs courses do you take a group of novice beaters without any prior knowledge, on a live shoot? isnt this dangerous, does the shoot insurance cover this?

Why would it be more dangerous for novices as opposed to an ordinary beater?

If a shoot has safety problems then it wont remain viable as the beaters will vote with their feet!

Insurance cover is in place for any function PuBS organises or attends, all beaters will be in radio contact and there will be an equal number of experienced beaters to offer 1 to 1 advice and help.

Beating isnt rocket science, these courses are to show people who havent had any experience of shooting sports how a shootday operates, meals and refreshments, an oven ready brace and a day out- all for free.

On the pubs courses do you take a group of novice beaters without any prior knowledge, on a live shoot? isnt this dangerous, does the shoot insurance cover this?

Why would it be more dangerous for novices as opposed to an ordinary beater?

If a shoot has safety problems then it wont remain viable as the beaters will vote with their feet!

Insurance cover is in place for any function PuBS organises or attends, all beaters will be in radio contact and there will be an equal number of experienced beaters to offer 1 to 1 advice and help.

Beating isnt rocket science, these courses are to show people who havent had any experience of shooting sports how a shootday operates, meals and refreshments, an oven ready brace and a day out- all for free.

just an added point,the nobs beaters course wasn,t even on a proper shoot.there,s no substitute for the real thing when done properly under correct super vision which the pubs one will be