Feinwerkbau 127 sport

Any info on this beast? (without trawling BBS) It's in .22

Had it for about 10 years.

Cheers

A very well Engineered West German air rifle, with the three bearing trigger release, they have become very popular with collectors & shooters alike, a real icon from the 70's 80', depending on it being a MK1 or MK2 latter had the plastic butt pad & sights, with better stocks on some variants, I thought they were the best shooting springer around as nothing could touch them, value up to £350 for Mint examples, I see these change hands for a lot less for poor examples, the Custom with Tyrolean stock can make in excess of £350.

foxon.

I had one of the in the late 70's but I did not know that they made them in .22 ................. Never stop learning on here

ATB

Michael

Hi Michael,

They were mostly in .177, as it was a popular paper puncher in it's day, but have seen a few in the .22.

Atb, Glynn.

just found it in an old airgun mag, cheapest discount price in 1978 was £70,, a bsa mercury at the time was £37.50 at a discont company. For an extra £10 the feinwerkbau would be tuned which included stripping , lubricants, chamber honing and transfer port reshaping. .177 was model 124, and .22 was model 127 sport. £70 was a lot of money back then and I never owned one. The discount price business was cutthroat then and some companies were cutting back so much that they were only making £1 profit per gun, which meant that after sales service was nil, and shooters were advised to pay a bit more to buy from companies who would provide full service.

I had one many moons ago and it was a lovely rifle to shoot.

That and the Original 45 were by far the best springers of their day, but most folks seemed to go for the HW35 which was (still is) very well made but a real plank of a thing to shoot and lug about.

Cheers.

PS. The 127 was the .22 and the 124 was the .177.