few more rats

hi mate, i have just been given permission to shot at a grain yard in kent that is supposed to be crawling with rats.... sounds like a blast!! i am sure there has been loads of great tips on this thread but it 9 pages now and was just wondering if you had any tips??

im guess night is prob best with maybe a red filter?

do you bait an area maybe with some peanut butter?

was also gona zero my rifle at about 15 yards ish?

any little trick of the trade will help mate, thanks

regards

lex

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another good session on the rats,due to rats falling into tight gaps and the cover being so thick its impossible to locate all the bodies but we got enough back for a photo.

i get that pretty often,i very rarely blank because i usually find a few that can be shot/taken with a dog but i know that when i go out tonight on another place ill see rats around the calf pens that

Posted Images

every farm is different and sometimes it takes a few trips to find the best time to go.sometimes i cant go at the best times because its usually a case of the later the better but we all have work commitments etc.any place with a large number of rats should provide good sport though at anytime at night and maybe even daytime.

i sometimes put bait down but its rare,find where the rats are feeding and you should start to get into them.as with just about any type of hunting its when your quarry is scarce that you have to put more effort in.

i prefer an amber filter,i find it gives the clearest view through the scope and those ratty eyes shine.it helps to know the different aim points because i like to keep moving about and each rat will be at a different range and angle than the last.it soon becomes second nature.

i dont think theres much advice you need mate,hunting rats with guns or dogs is brilliant fun,i love it,but its not complicated.the hard part is finding places with alot of rats.

have fun and good luck.

i hope it goes well.as for pics,get them put up but i can confidentley say your unlikely to be able to find all the bodies.if its like the farms i go on youll be shooting rats in cavities,cracks,over broken drains,on top of slurry pits etc etc etc.

and buy a good litter picker...........essential kit for the rat shooter :clapper::clapper:

hi mate, i have just been given permission to shot at a grain yard in kent that is supposed to be crawling with rats.... sounds like a blast!! i am sure there has been loads of great tips on this thread but it 9 pages now and was just wondering if you had any tips??

im guess night is prob best with maybe a red filter?

do you bait an area maybe with some peanut butter?

was also gona zero my rifle at about 15 yards ish?

any little trick of the trade will help mate, thanks

regards

lex

hi lex

why re-zero,just use your holdunder :thumbs:

regards

davy