few more rats

Had a ride out last night with Pointer and his mate for a bit of ratting. Decided to take my gun for a try out :gunsmilie: . Pointer and his mate went for a run around the barns with the dogs and I waited at my pickup and loaded my gun. I could see a rat poking it’s head out of a drain so I waited, took aim straight for the head and pulled the trigger, the rat fell back down the drain and took some getting out, I was well pleased with myself as that was the first live thing I have shot :clapper: . Pointer and his mate returned and the dogs had managed to get a few. We put the dogs back in the car and I shot a few more but a couple fell down the wall cavities so we couldn’t get the bodies back.

Falcon-1.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another good session on the rats,due to rats falling into tight gaps and the cover being so thick its impossible to locate all the bodies but we got enough back for a photo.

i get that pretty often,i very rarely blank because i usually find a few that can be shot/taken with a dog but i know that when i go out tonight on another place ill see rats around the calf pens that

Posted Images

you should have seen the state of it after Pug jumped up and put his mucky paws over the silencer. :doh::doh:

ive told hedgehunter theres enough rats to go at and that she could do a load of rabbit shooting but i think she is one of those "once a week" type hunters.

• 1 month later...

i havent done much in the last six weeks,at least not with airguns anyway.we were out monday night and got 19 bodies back but i forgot to take a photo.tonight was ok but i couldnt find a few id shot and i lost a rabbit so thats fox food.

08072010384.jpg

i tell you what guys you aint half saved that farmer some money in feed bills plus the damage you have prevented the greasy little fucks from causing keep up the good work guys i surprised there is any rats within 20 miles of you they be putting a price on your had so watch out for some kamikazee rats jumping at your throat lol

Theres still a few about on that farm we went to last night and when the crops come down other places we go on should see more about the farm buildings.Even if we wiped out all the rats on our permissions id just make a call and go on a mates spots.

As for rats jumping at me ive only had a rat land on me three times when out lamping,off-course they sometimes run over your hand when your rodding them out from under stuff or like on sunday when i used a pressure washer to get them moving from under pig pens but thats daytime and you expect it.Like any ratter i do the odd live catch but its safe enough,though i did grab a rats tail on sunday from under some mesh and it somehow got its head round to take a few bits out of the front of my welly.i think Hedgehunter was gutted i wasnt bitten :D

• 4 weeks later...

SP_A0040.jpg

out with pointer last night with the scimitar and lighthunter using AA field pellets (mine :feck: ).

not a bad body count but as always a number fall into hard to get places or are dragged away by there pals for supper before we collect up at the end of the night.

this is pointers spot and because of transport problems it hasn't been touched much lately,and it shows with high numbers of rats about!

that pictures naff :tongue2:

i was rushing about and forgot my phone/camera and the tin of pellets. :wallbash:

that farm will be visited regularly with dogs and guns over the next month.then a few other spots should yield a few. :thumbs:

Nice bag lads :thumbs: Pointer mate, half and half will be sending you a bill for them pellets :whistling: have you seen the price of em nowadays :whistling: if they go up another 10p a tin he will be packing airgunning in and getting a terrier :tongue2:

that pictures naff :tongue2:

i was rushing about and forgot my phone/camera and the tin of pellets. :wallbash:

that farm will be visited regularly with dogs and guns over the next month.then a few other spots should yield a few. :thumbs:

Nice bag lads :thumbs: Pointer mate, half and half will be sending you a bill for them pellets :whistling: have you seen the price of em nowadays :whistling: if they go up another 10p a tin he will be packing airgunning in and getting a terrier :tongue2:

:D:D:D:D

Maybe its about time Air Arms sponsored us for the amount of critters that have died due to their pellets over the last few years :D

We only got ten rats with the dogs on sunday mate,mind that farm the other night is crying out for a team of dogs.I nearly start crying when we pick up the bodies from around the water troughs as its a good dog spot. :cry::D

wont be long untill the season starts mate,hope your getting those dogs fit :good: