few more rats

hi mate, i have just been given permission to shot at a grain yard in kent that is supposed to be crawling with rats.... sounds like a blast!! i am sure there has been loads of great tips on this thread but it 9 pages now and was just wondering if you had any tips??

im guess night is prob best with maybe a red filter?

do you bait an area maybe with some peanut butter?

was also gona zero my rifle at about 15 yards ish?

any little trick of the trade will help mate, thanks

regards

lex

hi lex

why re-zero,just use your holdunder :thumbs:

regards

davy

was going to zero my bsa lightning and that can be my dedicated rattin gun, if i was using my storm then i would keep my zero at 35yard and use holdover of course, thats all bud

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another good session on the rats,due to rats falling into tight gaps and the cover being so thick its impossible to locate all the bodies but we got enough back for a photo.

i get that pretty often,i very rarely blank because i usually find a few that can be shot/taken with a dog but i know that when i go out tonight on another place ill see rats around the calf pens that

Posted Images

looks like you have some good sport with the guns

never shot rats only done them with the dogs

pic of the last bag 400+post-40142-1254699289_thumb.jpg

dogdigger

Holy shit!

This is rat hunters heaven!! I've never seen a single rat on my permission, although I know a pheasant farm where I think they have lots...may give them a call..

Keep going lads

Jack

Holy shit!

This is rat hunters heaven!! I've never seen a single rat on my permission, although I know a pheasant farm where I think they have lots...may give them a call..

Keep going lads

Jack

mate if you can get on a pheasant rearing farm you might hit the big time.from what ive heard and seen pics on these forums they can hold alot of rats.

i wanted to do some ratting with the dogs tonight and it turned out to be worth the trip.some crap had been moved about leaving a number of rats sheltering under old bales and boards.the dogs had eight before i got the gun out and started shooting.

as i was putting the gun away i looked up the farmyard to see rats scuttling around a big open drain so i moved the car into a nice shooting position and shot six more.unfortunately these fell into the drain.i would have stopped longer but i didnt want to get caught in the snow even if i do drive a 4 x 4.

08022010334.jpg

the dogs an idiot:clapper: :clapper::clapper:

a mate of mine has just got a terrier pup and thought he might like ratting but had never tried it.i had said he could come out with me when it was old enough but he asked if he could just tag along untill then which makes sense.

anyway i didnt have long to mess about tonight but we soon had three with the dogs followed by three with the gun and back home within the hour.

i think he enjoyed himself

09022010335.jpg

• 2 weeks later...