few more rats

you boys dont mind a bit of rat bashing do you :thumbs:

also i wanna know is it true that rats can jump pellets? sort of a reflex move lol

this maybe a silly question :icon_redface: but my mate says its true lol

atb lads and keep bashing

zak.

not a silly question at all zac.yes i've seen it many times,a rat jump or sidestep a pellet.more so a .22 than a .177 which moves faster.

i tried the much talked about .25 for ratting but sharp god rid.unless REALLY close range a rat can avoid these like the plague.in my opinion people who recomend .25 for ratting haven't done much.

i'm talking here in the context of sub 12ft lb here.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another good session on the rats,due to rats falling into tight gaps and the cover being so thick its impossible to locate all the bodies but we got enough back for a photo.

i get that pretty often,i very rarely blank because i usually find a few that can be shot/taken with a dog but i know that when i go out tonight on another place ill see rats around the calf pens that

Posted Images

i went over a farm tonight mainly to get my litter picker that id left behind on the previous two trips and after tallying up this months score i wanted three more rats to make it 850 for the year so far between dogs and gun.

id taken two with the dogs when the other lads who also shoot on there arrived.all tooled up with new night-vision etc.nothing wrong with that and they are just trying to get some sport.anyway i shot another one to get what i went for and came away early.

i just need to get out there and find more ratting,or at least more ratting for the dogs..................im fairly content with the amount of shooting i do.this farm has been good to me for five years and ive taken good numbers off it with dogs and the gun but this year its been mainly shooting.i guess like everything all good things come to an end. :clapper:

Lets hope they blank and f**koff some were else eh! :)

to be honest im not too bothered and wish them well,if id been more willing to shoot more they maybe wouldnt be on there.i dabble with an airgun but anyone willing to sit from 8.30 untill midnight with night vision is going to do a far better pest control job than me walking about picking off a few rats with a pack of dogs running around.

im more frustrated knowing that i want another terrier but that terriers need constant,regular work.for the first time in years im planning to get a dog that i dont as yet have enough work for.............thats a worrying prospect.i could take it rabbiting but whilst that would keep it occupied it isnt what i want.

anyway ill stop typing because its got bugger all to do with airguns,and ive got about a year to make sure i get the hunting i need before id have to admit defeat and say i made a mistake. :clapper::clapper:

Lets hope they blank and f**koff some were else eh! :)

to be honest im not too bothered and wish them well,if id been more willing to shoot more they maybe wouldnt be on there.i dabble with an airgun but anyone willing to sit from 8.30 untill midnight with night vision is going to do a far better pest control job than me walking about picking off a few rats with a pack of dogs running around.

im more frustrated knowing that i want another terrier but that terriers need constant,regular work.for the first time in years im planning to get a dog that i dont as yet have enough work for.............thats a worrying prospect.i could take it rabbiting but whilst that would keep it occupied it isnt what i want.

anyway ill stop typing because its got bugger all to do with airguns,and ive got about a year to make sure i get the hunting i need before id have to admit defeat and say i made a mistake. :clapper::clapper:

Good luck with the terrier, if it was me I'd get the dog and start it on rabbits, because you know deep down your going to get more ratting, and the little gits are on the increase ;)

you boys dont mind a bit of rat bashing do you :thumbs:

also i wanna know is it true that rats can jump pellets? sort of a reflex move lol

this maybe a silly question :icon_redface: but my mate says its true lol

atb lads and keep bashing

zak.

not a silly question at all zac.yes i've seen it many times,a rat jump or sidestep a pellet.more so a .22 than a .177 which moves faster.

i tried the much talked about .25 for ratting but sharp god rid.unless REALLY close range a rat can avoid these like the plague.in my opinion people who recomend .25 for ratting haven't done much.

i'm talking here in the context of sub 12ft lb here.

cheers mate. i havent really done much ratting, so thats good to know. im gonna have to get into ratting after seein these pics tho.

atb boys

zak.

These new boys with their night vision dont seem as good as you thought Pointer, they left you a few eh! :clapper:

these rats are taken on my permision,different from the permision pointer mentioned in the previous post.

i don't think those lads will be around for too long on pointers permision,its quite a small farm and once they've taken the 'easy' ones i bet they lose interest and leave pointer to winkle out the survivors.they came before with their lamps and lost interest and i'll bet they do the same again.