Used to sell many upon many back in the 90's, If I had a Bullpup hanging up it would find a new home that day, now it seems the Carbine has favour with it's short barrel, the BSA Ultra has in some ways become the pretty variant of the ugly Pup, but there is compromise with the shorter barrel of the Carbine over the longer barrel Pups. Another close variant was the Logun Eagle that I have just finished, with air cylinder into stock & battery compartment in butt for lamp, manual rotary mag conversion, re-ported with improved main valve & brass seat, I have removed the threaded mod to show length, this type of weapon is a very lite weight compact Hunter, ideal for use in confined areas or thick woodland cover, runs at full limit 11.40 ftlbs with 120 kill shots per fill, still in the middle of makeing a Reg for this model that works, shoot's good groups out too 35 yards with ease, but groups open up beyond this, but afterall this was built for close quarter quarry. Incase your wondering why I posted this up, it was just a follow on from the name that gun thread.

foxon.

post-37006-1249420768_thumb.jpg

Edited by foxon

So is the main reason for a bullpup the fact that you can have a nearly rifle length barell but an overall shorter gun due to the action being set further back??

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

As you said, no compromise with barrel length as all the workings are in the stock, makes for a very compact & accurate bit of kit, used to have lots of pic's of these during the late 80's & 90's, a fellow Gunsmith now past on would convert standard rifle's in to Bullpup's, for any Customer that desired a compact rifle, you got my old memory lane going there Ryan with your interest in the Pup.

Cheers, Glynn.

How come they have gone out of fasion then if they were a practical tool?

Also, a bit of the subject bt can you change the barell on an air rifle, for example if i wanted a shorter length barrell on my S200 , could i just buy another shorter barrell and interchange it?

Ryan

How come they have gone out of fasion then if they were a practical tool?

Also, a bit of the subject bt can you change the barell on an air rifle, for example if i wanted a shorter length barrell on my S200 , could i just buy another shorter barrell and interchange it?

Ryan

Yes Ryan, you can cut down any barrel & produce your own Carbine, but you would reduce power & accuracy too, even if you crown your barrel you will loose accuracy no doubt even if you bring the power up. I have tried many short barrel mods & they will not shoot tight groups beyond the 30 yards, but you could buy a second barrel for your S200 & have a go, but you would not want the cylinder longer than your barrel, unless you chop the cylinder & run it through the butt on fill pipe, or move the whole action back in to the butt, skies the limit

Have know idea why the Bullpup did not carry through the 90's, maybe the looks were not appealing to the buyer, so when sales figures drop makers discontinue the product.

Atb, Glynn.

I must admit, I've not come accross bullpups berore, it sounds like a lot of work just to achive a long barrele carbine, they look cool though :)

That could be a good reason for there demise Stealthy.

foxon.

I must admit, I've not come accross bullpups berore, it sounds like a lot of work just to achive a long barrele carbine, they look cool though :)

That could be a good reason for there demise Stealthy.

foxon.

Shame really, becase they are some thing to look at :)

Their still about, you just need to know where to look!

edgun04.jpg

Cheers

Luke.

This is the Russian handbuilt Bullpup DAC Demyan by Ishmal, very hard to get hold of & built in very small numbers, with if I remember rightly a Belarus barrel & power adjuster, a very well engineered rifle, that is a genuine Bullpup in every way with action to rear. Is this your rifle Bullmastiff?

foxon.

Edited by foxon
Guest Scuba1

IMHO the gun in the first picture of this post is not a bull pup and more of a futuristic looking carbine as the action is above the trigger just like on a standard rifle or carbine configuration.

ATB

Michael

IMHO the gun in the first picture of this post is not a bull pup and more of a futuristic looking carbine as the action is above the trigger just like on a standard rifle or carbine configuration.

ATB

Michael

Hi Michael, Yes this is the Logun Eagle, they call it a compact Carbine, this one I tuned, but the only genuine Bullpup's I have are the 809 & 819, both side levers with action in the stock, used by the Chinese Army as a Cadet trainer to this day.

Atb, Glynn.

post-37006-1249497991_thumb.jpg

post-37006-1249498097_thumb.jpg