I'm a fan of simple technology but my VERY old Crossman 2200 pump up is knackered, given up the ghost, deceased! (20 years old this year).

Has anyone got one hidden away they don't want? Please PM me if you have, thanks

Edited by camies

I'm a fan of simple technology but my VERY old Crossman 2200 pump up is knackered, given up the ghost, deceased! (20 years old this year).

Has anyone got one hidden away they don't want? Please PM me if you have, thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately I got rid of mine - and I still regret it. Is it possible that you could get it repaired? Manchester Air Guns might be able to offer advice.

Alternatively the Crosman Forum might be able to help - I think most of the parts are still availble from Crosman in the States - might be worth checking out.

The Benjamin Sheridan pump ups I think are even better - especially if you fit a peep sight - and they go on for years. Might be an acceptable alternative?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

THanks Peaks for the advice.

No, brass cylinder blown, no source of spares un the UK and the U.S. parts firms I've contacted, one said no spares, the second didn't even reply!

Apart from that, the poor old lady was well worn out, bolt loose, hinges sloppy, and as for the barrel, smooth as a babies bum. I had to tap all my pellets to expand them a bit as they just dropped through!

All part of history isn't it, get a basic design that works well and "improve" it. I prefer pcp now but I still think there is a place for a pump up especially if you are someone who has 'run out of air' over a weekend's shooting.