Rabbits with a .177 !!!

I knew what you meant mate..There are some AA about with aftermarket regs mostly taylor ones .As advertised to give better shot count,however found most running at @ 9.5FTLBS no wonder you get more shots ..IMHO a waste of money as the air arms are a nice consistant gun with out the need for a reg as long as you find the sweet spot and fill to that.. :yes:

yup i've come accros those 'super' tunes too, chrono'd them y 9.5, the shops usualy smile and say yup full power...twats.

back on subject..............

try accupells in the .177... light pellets seem to suit springers, and pcp's like heavy ones. 7 grain is too light in .177, or i found them too lite, just seemed to slap more than anything. 7.5 plus.. 8.5 being a mid weight, 10 to 10.5 being a heavey pellet.

domed go better and kill better usualy, i say usualy because theres always exseptions.

all said and done i've not had 'problems' in .177 in 20 odd years. had more greif with a .22 on rats..

I knew what you meant mate..There are some AA about with aftermarket regs mostly taylor ones .As advertised to give better shot count,however found most running at @ 9.5FTLBS no wonder you get more shots ..IMHO a waste of money as the air arms are a nice consistant gun with out the need for a reg as long as you find the sweet spot and fill to that.. :yes:

Hi Donnyc,

Did not want you thinking I was talking cr#p, but your right they are not a Reg like the Taylor's or Abbott's aftermarkets, just while we are on the subject have any of you scientists at AWT made one for the AAs yet, I made a simple prototype with spring & floating bearing but cannot get below the 100 bar with power above 10 ftlbs, been pulling my hair out, reduce pressure on one & gain far too much on the other, been able to keep under the sub but still too little power at the lower fill pressure end.

Regards, Glynn. :notworthy:

Quite a few different regs been made mate .Ill get him to ring you and you can pick his brains

Hi Donnyc,

Did not want you thinking I was talking cr#p, but your right they are not a Reg like the Taylor's or Abbott's aftermarkets, just while we are on the subject have any of you scientists at AWT made one for the AAs yet, I made a simple prototype with spring & floating bearing but cannot get below the 100 bar with power above 10 ftlbs, been pulling my hair out, reduce pressure on one & gain far too much on the other, been able to keep under the sub but still too little power at the lower fill pressure end.

Regards, Glynn. :notworthy:

Quite a few different regs been made mate .Ill get him to ring you and you can pick his brains

That would be great Donny.

Atvb, foxon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had a Sandwell Field Sports (Tony Wall tuned) .177 HW 95K, and a Logun Evo .177 calibre in the past and they both nail rabbits out to 45 metres if your shooting is up to it.

Your right friend, you do get the odd runner that moves 6 or 7 metres but i found it mostly down to hitting the rabbit in the front of its eye towards the nose and not just behind the eye towards the back of the head. I have never had a runner with a .177 or .22 calibre when Ive hit a rabbit to the rear of the head. All rabbits will move alittle and jump due to nerves when hit with any calibre.

Regarding pellets friend i find super domes ok for spring guns, Webley Accupels also are good but all barrels are different so trial and error is nessasary.

For my new Gunpower Storm and being a pre charged like your AA S510 i use heavier Bisley Magnums. I find these pellets accurate and they produce alot of kinetic stopping power to your quarry.

Remember that all new guns need bedding in friend and has as already been said in this thread 1000 - 1500 pellets through a new gun does this nicely.

There is nothing wrong with a .177 gun friend and they do have their benefits in some areas.

Happy shooting

Zini.