Red Stag

Forgot to say 87gn Ballistic tip Nosler homeloads (he said they are Nosler heads, I couldn't be sure but they have 87gn written in pen on the brass by the guy that loads them and they have red, plastic tips)

Then that would be V-max. To be honest if they guy hasn't a clue about what brand of bullet he is using, I for one would not follow by his example and use varmint bullets to shoot deer, especially V-max .

John

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the sort of behavior that would be expected from a novice with pride in his first kill,If you have the experiance that is suggested on the posts from your peers you should never have posted the photos. That was your mistake Now show your professionalism and remove them.

For F#cks sake, I havn't posted on this site for a long, long time, I barely even look at it anymore because the place is full of armchair bloody experts criticising the blokes that get out there and do a bit, some of ya's need to mix in a bit of cement with the cups of tea and harden up.

Why you lot are knocking the bloke has got me absolutely stuffed. There are a few experienced hands that have replied, but maybe, just maybe they need to review their management ideals, as for the others you have absolutely know idea.

Tell me why culling a young, deliscous animal is wrong, the above qoute is bullshit, I would say I have shot more deer than most of you experts put together, they are a great game animal and pride should be shown whether it is a monster stag or a young yummy fawn, they are both trophies.

Even in a sporting situation, young animals need to be culled at times as there may not be enough feed for the trophy sized stags to share with the young ones, so the big animals may move on and the following trophy season the estate will have less trophy stags for their clients, the stags will move on before a doe and fawn.

Fair dinkum, I am dumbfounded as to the response Deker has recieved, anyone criticising him, which is most, have just shown how little they know. I don't think I ever agreed with him much in the past, but shit, he can hold his head high, he obviously knows a lot more about deer than most of ya's.

Hope ya's like the pic, Doe and fawn, bloody lovely eating.

post-11073-1251436685_thumb.jpg

as above, me and deker may not have seen eye to eye on the past, however he has made it quite clear that he doesn't do this for "fun" and it is his job...............ever had do something in your job that you didn't want to? boss ever told you tough sh*t get on with it?

get a f*cking grip people!

you wanna talk about illegal! get down to the running dog / lurcher section and have a browse! not that i see anything wrong with what they do either! but hey its different strokes for different folks!

well done deker, keep up the good work.

Mmmmm this is not good. Jager for a start we have a diffo mind set here, so it ain't always like it would be in the Antipodeans, thats a by. Just for that very reason we have too be seen as self regulating/monitering and indeed yes legislating community.

Scotland are moving at a tangent with respect to deer laws and all UK will follow, FACT.

Deker ain't wrong as in the laws of interpritation, though in the intrest of field sports what possessed him to post a still spotted BAMBI on a UK hunters forum. Well I wouldn't and don't

. Its a sad thig to have to do, theres no glory and no trophy.

Its a decision he took and so did Custer .

We can do this anywhere in the UK but to put pictures up as a back up to support the sporting stories ok, but what sport here...a little bit insensitive on the whole and indeed , I thought misjudged.

Any slaughter men here, are your pics next...Jees talk about shooting ones foot. Also

What Red Stag , seems like he went for a stag at invite then just shot anything that could be justified. Bad move I feel. Where is this Stag any way? Should a survey not have been done and advice given as too discourage the pest ONCE it was identified..

Vermin would indicate uncontrolable numbers, yet you had too wait too shoot a calf.

Nah not good.

Mmmmm this is not good. Jager for a start we have a diffo mind set here,

Exactly and as I said, perhaps your mindset needs changing as the way I am reading it the game management principles that maybe operating over there seem very outdated.

I will say it again for the bambi lovers, we are hunters, what type of meat do you buy from the butcher, a steak from an old bull or a steak from a nice young animal, ah shit, your a jock, so any bits would do.

How can anyone comment on what the bloke should/could or would have done, where you all there, Deker went out to a paddock he is managing and the rest of you have no idea what the management principles are that are in place and humanely and ethically harvested a free range wild deer that will eat beautifully, if anyone else wants to chew on a bit of old haggace, go for your lives.

How can you say there is no trophy, many, many hunters hunt purely for the table, they put their kit together, get out in the paddock, stalk their quarry, dispatch it humanely and ethically, recover the carcass from the field, butcher it, cook up many meals with it and while sitting down at the table enjoying the meal can reflect on their hard efforts and enjoyable experience. If you are referring to a trophy as an antlered male, one could actually comment that shooting an animal for his head is not very proper either. I find it very unethical of a hunter to say that anothers hunters harvest is not a trophy.

Game management principles are constantly changing and a shifting mindset is the only way to keep abreast of developing strategies.

C'mon, there is absolutely nothing wrong with harvesting that animal, whether it be for pest control or sport and putting the pic on here.

I don't know why I am even replying as too many of you trawl posts just to pull the piss out of someone that is actually having a go.

Are you blokes men or mouse, a liitle bit insensitive, I guess some of you still cry when pulling a splinter out of your tophy arses, as for the babies comment, go and grow some more hair before the next green peace smoke fest, banging on about him being a countryman, fark, that's a statement and a half, c'mon, pull your heads out of your arses.

Keep at it Deker.

Here's a pic of a stag harvested this morning, what was that, oh no, that's bambi's brother, know run off and cry like good little girls.

post-11073-1251510158_thumb.jpg

We can do this anywhere in the UK but to put pictures up as a back up to support the sporting stories ok, but what sport here...a little bit insensitive on the whole and indeed , I thought misjudged.

I will stick with this one. I am not saying this is wrong in principle but with the tree hugging fannies we are surrounded by you can't just say "take that". And hope thats the end off it. We are being watched a l l t h e T i m e.

Stick up pics of the stalks by all means but I think it does no good too the field sports fraternity at all to put up pics of "cleansing" like this. Like I said don't not do it if neccassery, just calm down with the pics. Think I'm wrong, well we tried peacefull demos with the hunting with dogs and all got stuffed. The new laws being put into place in Scotland is another nail. Lead ban etc etc etc.

We need to sell what we do as good for the coutryside and enviroment.

We need to be seen as squeeky clean.

The only thing that squeeked here was the fawn as it hit the deck.

Yeah I love my haggis, and as too using all the bits, we used to sell the testicles too the chinese, by the bag !!

Don't know if it still happens as I moved of and got hitched, and never tried them myself, do you guys have any recipies.

This is why the DCS can get on with and push through new laws because there are bad eggs going about and killing young dependant fawns /kids. Seasons are there for a reason and should be used to control the deer on your ground. If you don't control them at the right time then that shows how pour your stalking skills are. The section in the bill that allows deer killers to control out with the season section 26-2 will be stopped and all will need to control within perimeters a good thing i think. That should stop the lads who have no self control and use the fact that there are deer on the ground to justify senseless slaughter. Jager there is a young animal and then there are babies the first picture is of a kid not more than a few weeks old maybe it is you that needs to take a look at him self in the mirror

post-34278-1251543381_thumb.jpg

Edited by wireviz

I will stick with this one. I am not saying this is wrong in principle but with the tree hugging fannies we are surrounded by you can't just say "take that". And hope thats the end off it. We are being watched a l l t h e T i m e.

Stick up pics of the stalks by all means but I think it does no good too the field sports fraternity at all to put up pics of "cleansing" like this. Like I said don't not do it if neccassery, just calm down with the pics. Think I'm wrong, well we tried peacefull demos with the hunting with dogs and all got stuffed. The new laws being put into place in Scotland is another nail. Lead ban etc etc etc.

We need to sell what we do as good for the coutryside and enviroment.

We need to be seen as squeeky clean.

The only thing that squeeked here was the fawn as it hit the deck.

Yeah I love my haggis, and as too using all the bits, we used to sell the testicles too the chinese, by the bag !!

Don't know if it still happens as I moved of and got hitched, and never tried them myself, do you guys have any recipies.

Do me a favour - send me some info about these new laws, am curious as this is the first I have heard of it.

Regarding the Red Stag - the whole point is that Deker doesn't buy the presence of said beast, not that other deer aren't there.

And as for pandering to the antis, ah f**k 'em, they'll get us in the end anyway because of the fascist police state we're determined to create in the name of security, so we may as well have some distinctly un-PC stuff in the meantime!

I rather think this has been done too death, many views have been expressed and we seem to be going round in circles covering the same ground again.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that is the nature of sites such as this, a number have responded who obviously have never shot a deer in their lives and spend far to much time on the keyboard trying to score brownie points, and a number of people have responded who obviously have considerable experience...and about everything you can think of in between.

It was never my intention to cause such a response as has occurred, I still struggle to understand why, but that is the nature of things.

I make no apologies whatsoever for what I have done, I see no reason to, but in posting the picture I have obviously misread the mood of some, so that could be interpreted as a mistake.

Now can we all agree to disagree and move on.

Regards to all.

Deker