Red Stag

Guys

I am a professional and I control whatever needs controlling in a totally legal fashion..I am not a murdering cold hearted B*****d, I love the fox too, but it doesn't stop me pulling the trigger.

If this was a sporting estate I would NEVER have considered this shot..it isn't..it is vermin control and it is LEGAL and a requirement of the estate......and not that I often do, but if some of you uninformed commentaters new the 1991 Deer Act and 2007 amendment I am perfectly legally entitled to take the Doe as well.

You are off course all perfectly entitled to your own opinion and that I respect, I have perhaps made an error of judgment in posting this picture, but I make no apologies for what I have done and will not hesitate to do it again should the situation present.

I have also made it very clear I do not wish to cause any discontent and if any moderator finds this thread unnaceptable I would rather it was deleted than cause more grief.

ATB

Deker

Edited by Deker

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, vermin are just that, vermin, and pest control isn't always sporting. It can't all be trophy shots & slaps on the back. The minute we start hiding various facets of what we do, even from each other, the antis have won.. JMO.

Guys, vermin are just that, vermin, and pest control isn't always sporting. It can't all be trophy shots & slaps on the back. The minute we start hiding various facets of what we do, even from each other, the antis have won.. JMO.

I'm sorry to say that the anti's will stand a much better chance of winning if so called stalkers gain gratification from posting pictures such as that.

Guest Fireball

There`s nowt worse than the "self proclaimed" experts and pro`s :laugh:

Decker you say and admit making an error of judgement regarding posting the picture`s??

Why don't you simply remove them yourself??

Only something tells me you like the attention :D

It is sad that some one would put the deer in the same category as the rabbit and the squirrel show a mentality of a Nat but i am sure the DCS has a job waiting for you mate you are the type they want a trigger happy killer.

DCS The ones that don't care advising the ones that don't know.

Edited by wireviz
It is sad that some one would put the deer in the same category as the rabbit and the squirrel show a mentality of a Nat

Why shouldn't all animals be put on an equal footing? What gives one animal the right to get controlled any different to another?

Some of you lads shoot hares, that's sacrilege to the coursing lads, yet you demand that the deer be put on a pedestal and be given special treatment.

They've got a word for people like that... :thumbdown:

Maitenby i am sure there is a word for people like me but you don't seem to know it :clapper: But for me the deer is more important in the circle of life than the squirrel an the Rabbit. Both have been brought over here and bred them selves silly and have put other animals a risk certainly bring the Red squirrel close to the brink of extinction .

PS I like hares and give them a good season but there are no long dog men left were i am and most of there muts could catch a hare anyway.

There are names for people like you also mate. It is what a first year stag is called and rimes with clobber :o

Maitenby i am sure there is a word for people like me but you don't seem to know it :clapper:

I've no interest in calling people names, that's why I stopped myself short. Debate is a good thing, but things often degrade into insults and childish name calling when someone doesn't agree with your point of view. :thumbs:

But for me the deer is more important in the circle of life than the squirrel an the Rabbit.

Oh really? How many species depend on the deer as a food source?

As long as it gets eaten and doesn't go to waste, I don't have a problem.. A few people like young roe to eat... Personally I don't like shooting them, but if someone wanted one to eat, I would..

What makes me laugh is the amount of people slaughtering fox cubs this time of year, a LOT aren't doing any harm were they are, unless theres livestock or a shoot, they are no benefit to anyone.. If you can use it and eat it, do as you choose, if you can't eat it and its doing no harm to you or its surroundings, let it live in its own natural environment..

As long as it gets eaten and doesn't go to waste, I don't have a problem.. A few people like young roe to eat... Personally I don't like shooting them, but if someone wanted one to eat, I would..

What makes me laugh is the amount of people slaughtering fox cubs this time of year, a LOT aren't doing any harm were they are, unless theres livestock or a shoot, they are no benefit to anyone.. If you can use it and eat it, do as you choose, if you can't eat it and its doing no harm to you or its surroundings, let it live in its own natural environment..

Fox does its part in the food chain not just what it catches but what it finds!!!

this topic has no answer Hunters will preserve the land he works where as Pest control is a different beast the job must be done!!!

Not the best but no right or wrong just depends what side of the fence your on!

Fox does its part in the food chain not just what it catches but what it finds!!!

this topic has no answer Hunters will preserve the land he works where as Pest control is a different beast the job must be done!!!

Not the best but no right or wrong just depends what side of the fence your on!

Well said. :thumbs:

Guys

If this was a sporting estate I would NEVER have considered this shot..it isn't..it is vermin control and it is LEGAL and a requirement of the estate......and not that I often do, but if some of you uninformed commentaters new the 1991 Deer Act and 2007 amendment I am perfectly legally entitled to take the Doe as well.

ATB

Deker

Deker, I have no wish to give my views - just a couple of observations

I was unaware that the six species of deer in the UK are able to be termed 'Vermin' - they are clearly not. In some police areas even the fox is not categorized as vermin.

Can you quote me the part of the 2007 deer amendment that gives you the right to take deer out of season - I hope you are not going to quote 'Farmer's defence' . Are you aware that even Natural England will not grant a licence to shoot deer out of season to protect property (crops etc)?

Finally as a professional I just query why you feel it necessary to put up pictures of departed deer as I would imagine being a professional, culling deer etc is an every day occurrence to you.

Edited by dicehorn
Guys

ATB

Deker

Deker, I have no wish to give my views - just a couple of observations......I have tried to stay away from this one in the hope you may let it fade away if you don't like it, but it seems some just want to look like luvvies......Your views are pretty transparent, YOU ASKED so DON'T blame me if you don't like the answers !!!!!!!

I was unaware that the six species of deer in the UK are able to be termed 'Vermin' - they are clearly not. In some police areas even the fox is not categorized as vermin. I am a Game and Vermin Controller not a pest controller, I don't shoot bed bugs... so deer in this context is Vermin not Game....are you happier with pest control, being pedantic about the specific definition of an insignificant word in the context of this exercise seems a little sad

Can you quote me the part of the 2007 deer amendment that gives you the right to take deer out of season - I hope you are not going to quote 'Farmer's defence' . Are you aware that even Natural England will not grant a licence to shoot deer out of season to protect property (crops etc)? The "Farmers Defence" is simply that..it is a DEFENCE, (although I understand few have failed with this defence) and I would have no hesitation in using it if I felt the situation appropriate, however,....to be 100% legal you now need the appropriate licence issued by Natural England (not Defra)....what do you mean "are you aware that even Natural England will not grant a licence to shoot deer out of season to protect property (crops etc)"... Where do you get this BULL from I have one for another site!!

Finally as a professional I just query why you feel it necessary to put up pictures of departed deer as I would imagine being a professional, culling deer etc is an every day occurrence to you. I don't shoot deer EVERY day and I have just as much right to post LEGAL pictures on this site as you do to ask ANYONE why they do it!!!

How many times do I have to say I accept it if you don't like it, so accept it goes on, I have done nothing illegal, and my opinion is at least as valid as many antis here, and also much better informed than several, am I the only one that accepts others have a view?? So let us simply agree to dissagree and all move on! :bye::bye:

Edited by Deker