Married with kids ??

I did try this being married thing ( heck I'll try anything once ) 6 month down the road I decided its not for me and got a divorce ( again I'll try anything once ) So been there done it read the book got the t shirt. Now I do whatever I want and If a girl wants to tag along its fine by me but I am not going to change my ways for anyone. Its a case of live with it or don't. I am not going to tie myself up to anything or anyone. If I feel I need a change of country I'll just go and do it. This way I have gotten to know more places then most people have seen on a map. In a year or two I am going to move to Mexico and live there, because I can.

ATB

Michael

At least you're better adjusted to it than I seem to be.

I work for myself and my work can be taken anywhere. The only things that keep me in the UK are my two boys (7 and 10).

When my ex told me she was pregnant (after the second f***ing date!!!!), me and a friend were in the prosses of selling up to go to Vietnam to start a jet-ski hire place on the coast.

So much for makeing plans! The bubble's burst on that one now but as soon as they're old enough and sorted, I'm off. Don't know where yet but I've had enough of watching my country turn to s**t.

Mexico? Hmmmm...... Not thought about there.

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scuba1

For me Mexico was an easy choice to make. Slack gun laws, huge areas out in the stick ( Yucatan ) nice climate, easy going people, cheap to live and I speak Spanish............... sorted

married with 2 boys age 2 and 7 ,we were together 14 years before getting married and its our 1st anniversary today and while i was on the phone talking to granite man earlier it sort of slipped my mind and i said i'll be up later mate :chair: sh**t i got the biggest evil off the wife who was stood by me ,granite man now taking the p*ss big time :haha: ,oh well the day started bad when me eldest reminded me this morning what day it was and i hadnt got a card :o

For me Mexico was an easy choice to make. Slack gun laws, huge areas out in the stick ( Yucatan ) nice climate, easy going people, cheap to live and I speak Spanish............... sorted

Yes, I can see that. I only speak English and Bad language. I can muddle my way through French a little.

It'd be good to live in a place where the folks know where they're at and have some kind of culture and an understanding of what they're about. Englands so lost it's way, married or not (not to go off toppic!).

I guess it's a global thing that's going on all over right now. I s'pose I maybe old school but I'm fed up with not feeling safe for me and my boys future any more.

Cheers.

Yes, I can see that. I only speak English and Bad language. I can muddle my way through French a little.

It'd be good to live in a place where the folks know where they're at and have some kind of culture and an understanding of what they're about. Englands so lost it's way, married or not (not to go off toppic!).

I guess it's a global thing that's going on all over right now. I s'pose I maybe old school but I'm fed up with not feeling safe for me and my boys future any more.

Cheers.

You are not by youself mate trust me.atb
Guest Scuba1

When I was back on El Hierro I never had the time to go on here ...... well about 3 hours a week or so ......... I had so much other stuff to do, most of it is something that people here don't even ahve to think about. Like getting wood for the ovens and the arguer, when the water got low in the cistern, you check for leaks and fix them so that nothing gets lost when it does rain, out cutting food for the animals. and he list goes on and on.

I like that way of life where not everything is pre packed and dished up ready made. I think the people living that way are better for it.

ATB

Michael

That's a big part of the problems in the UK, Michael. No matter how much the plebs screw up, they know that there will always be some kind of mechanism in place to pick up all the bits of their crap and sort it out for them.

I'm not saying that we should go back to some kind of Dickenzian state but the whole culture of 'f**k it, I'll be fine whatever' is now too deeply ingrained into what's left of the UK's culture.

Maybe I should get married, settle down, have a mortgage, etc......

Maybe not.

Cheers.

I did try this being married thing ( heck I'll try anything once ) 6 month down the road I decided its not for me and got a divorce ( again I'll try anything once ) So been there done it read the book got the t shirt. Now I do whatever I want and If a girl wants to tag along its fine by me but I am not going to change my ways for anyone. Its a case of live with it or don't. I am not going to tie myself up to anything or anyone. If I feel I need a change of country I'll just go and do it. This way I have gotten to know more places then most people have seen on a map. In a year or two I am going to move to Mexico and live there, because I can.

ATB

Michael

SNAP!!!

we were together 4 years, got married and things changed from the shite to absolute shite, hated me being self employed and couldn't stand me going fox hunting, didn't like me leaving the house "at silly hours to walk dogs in the dark with a light" i.e lamping - he just didn't get it, happy to eat anything i got though!! he controlled everything i did, who i spoke to, what i wore, where i went . . etc etc

i wasn't me for a long time, lost who i once was, now i'm on the mend and each day i feel my spirit coming back, i enjoy working in the countryside, completly obsessed with hunting of all types and keen to learn more, end of the day this is who i am and thats the way it's staying!

now my house is just that MY house and in it is MY food MY bed and i share with my daughter, lurchers and ferrets and i couldn't love it any more!! so i agree with yourself and a few others

DON'T GET MARRIED!!!

theres actually i song i sing of this topic but a better version by the dubliners..check it out,,,tis true!

theres my rant over . . . for now lol

lurcher lass x x

Edited by lurcher lass

:o Bloody Hell what have i started :D I no i'm new to this site and realize this forum is all about airgunning, And i have learnt a lot from reading posts from many of you guys and gals out there :clapper::clapper:

But at the same time ai think that a bit of banter and a laugh should be what this forum should be about, I havent been out with the gun for the last week cause of the shite w

eather so this forum is one way to let off steam and have a laugh with likeminded people. ;)

O Yeah , Welcome back from your canada trip Cottswood , It's good to have my best mate back. :drinks:

ATB

Michael

SNAP!!!

we were together 4 years, got married and things changed from the shite to absolute shite, hated me being self employed and couldn't stand me going fox hunting, didn't like me leaving the house "at silly hours to walk dogs in the dark with a light" i.e lamping - he just didn't get it, happy to eat anything i got though!! he controlled everything i did, who i spoke to, what i wore, where i went . . etc etc

i wasn't me for a long time, lost who i once was, now i'm on the mend and each day i feel my spirit coming back, i enjoy working in the countryside, completly obsessed with hunting of all types and keen to learn more, end of the day this is who i am and thats the way it's staying!

now my house is just that MY house and in it is MY food MY bed and i share with my daughter, lurchers and ferrets and i couldn't love it any more!! so i agree with yourself and a few others

DON'T GET MARRIED!!!

theres actually i song i sing of this topic but a better version by the dubliners..check it out,,,tis true!

lurcher lass x x

So you think its not a good idea then ;)

ATB

Michael

SNAP!!!

DON'T GET MARRIED!!!

lurcher lass x x

So you think its not a good idea then ;)

LL's so right and it happens so often.

Your other 'half's' looking at you thinking...... 'They're ok, if I can change this and that, then they may be perfect'.

Who the f**k are 'they' to look at 'us' and want to change who we are as a person???!!!

Stay true to yourself. If you can't do that, you can't be true to anyone..........

Cheers.

ATB

Michael

how do they say addios!!! amigo :D