#16 ROB.BOB

ROB.BOB

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:15 pm

Some you win some you loose !!!
This was done by a big cub two years ago . Badger in first ,then a single line of fox prints through the middle of the hole .

i hope you shot the f***ers!!

#17 dpb82uk

dpb82uk

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:30 am

wood rats do this iv had rats kill chikins i kep

#18 osimons89

osimons89

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:53 am

i would say stoat, weasel or hedgehog, i never belived that hedgehogs would kill poults until last year, we killed two in a pen both the size of footballs. Opend them up and they were full of bits of poult, sit up one morning with a gun, there a very underated beast, next time you see one dead just look at its teeth they dont have teeth like that for eating "slugs" good luck

#19 nobber

nobber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:18 pm

I would say stoat, weasal or mink. SO efficient, very little mess and can get in and out of the pen without damaging the fence wire or the electric. I agree, plenty of fenns and cage traps outside pen.

#20 East coast

East coast

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:06 pm

My keeper friend caught what was killing the poults, big pole cat, was trying to get under the gate into the pen. Didn't make it under as the terrier got a hold a soon made light work of the pole cat. Saved a few more poults.

#21 Blakloks

Blakloks

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:39 pm

My keeper friend caught what was killing the poults, big pole cat, was trying to get under the gate into the pen. Didn't make it under as the terrier got a hold a soon made light work of the pole cat. Saved a few more poults.

nice one! If people dont do there jobs in shoots those wee poults are like sitting ducks the predators move in rapid

#22 v-max

v-max

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:08 pm

The polecats were quite common in Aberdeenshire when i was in that area for a couple years not to far fae dunecht. I was thinking the stoat/weasle/ferret/hedgehog line as you mentioned the wee holes in head as an owl just crushes & brusess the whole head.

#23 East coast

East coast

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:53 pm

My keeper friend is down outside perth, Use to get a few stoats in traps but not many ferrets/polecats at the estate i worked at outside ellon.

#24 Alycidon

Alycidon

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:53 pm

Sounds like typical stoat/mink kills.

Lots of Fenn traps and carry a shotgun.

A

#25 East coast

East coast

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:13 am

Had another 3 polecats at the same pen in the fenn traps.

#26 stag1

stag1

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:17 am

send that pic to gordon brown then he should get a grip and scrap the ban

#27 Guest_black patt_*

Guest_black patt_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:38 pm

My mate who is a keeper is having poults killed, there is 2 small holes at back of head an they have buried a few as well. They have killed a few outside the pen and a couple inside. Thought it may have been a mink or a ferret.

Has the usually stuff set up around the pen but still no takers.

Any suggestions?

Hi there you don't have pine martins over there? sound like martin to me I had a lot killed like that outside Inverness have a look up the trees as they carry them up into the trees. I had over 50 killed in one night absolute carnage.

#28 badgeroy

badgeroy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:01 pm

Why is it that people post on a thread without reading the previous posts? eastcoast has already said his keeper mate has caught 4 polecats but posters still offer theories as to what the culprit is. :wallbash:

#29 shotup

shotup

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:34 pm

rats id say if they are doing odd, one stoats etc will kill more get some poison down mate

#30 East coast

East coast

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:12 am

Another 2 polecats caught next to the pen. This will help save the birds. :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users