• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say stoat, weasel or hedgehog, i never belived that hedgehogs would kill poults until last year, we killed two in a pen both the size of footballs. Opend them up and they were full of bits of poult, sit up one morning with a gun, there a very underated beast, next time you see one dead just look at its teeth they dont have teeth like that for eating "slugs" good luck

My keeper friend caught what was killing the poults, big pole cat, was trying to get under the gate into the pen. Didn't make it under as the terrier got a hold a soon made light work of the pole cat. Saved a few more poults.

nice one! If people dont do there jobs in shoots those wee poults are like sitting ducks the predators move in rapid

My keeper friend caught what was killing the poults, big pole cat, was trying to get under the gate into the pen. Didn't make it under as the terrier got a hold a soon made light work of the pole cat. Saved a few more poults.

The polecats were quite common in Aberdeenshire when i was in that area for a couple years not to far fae dunecht. I was thinking the stoat/weasle/ferret/hedgehog line as you mentioned the wee holes in head as an owl just crushes & brusess the whole head.

Guest black patt
My mate who is a keeper is having poults killed, there is 2 small holes at back of head an they have buried a few as well. They have killed a few outside the pen and a couple inside. Thought it may have been a mink or a ferret.

Has the usually stuff set up around the pen but still no takers.

Any suggestions?

Hi there you don't have pine martins over there? sound like martin to me I had a lot killed like that outside Inverness have a look up the trees as they carry them up into the trees. I had over 50 killed in one night absolute carnage.