Pigeons With Air Rifle

personally dont see the point in a challenge like that a challenge with the end result being nothing air rifles are more about tactical field craft and a pin point perfect shot on a still target.

you want a shot gun for good big bags

like i say i think most of the air gunners on this site get the thrill out of the stealth required

This bloke managed to take a bird in flight with an air rifle:

Don't think I fancy my chances though.

did'nt look like it was "in flight", more like hovering, which makes me think kestrel of some origin, definatly not uk by his talking/language, so maybe different laws, and most probably not 12ft lbs

I think anyone taking a shot at a non stationary bird/rabbit with a standard air rifle has no respect for the quarry

personally dont see the point in a challenge like that a challenge with the end result being nothing air rifles are more about tactical field craft and a pin point perfect shot on a still target.

you want a shot gun for good big bags

like i say i think most of the air gunners on this site get the thrill out of the stealth required

yea he's right nothing better than creeping up or hiding in cover to get your quarry makes the heart race as u get closer to that wonderful shot lol

This bloke managed to take a bird in flight with an air rifle:

Don't think I fancy my chances though.

did'nt look like it was "in flight", more like hovering, which makes me think kestrel of some origin, definatly not uk by his talking/language, so maybe different laws, and most probably not 12ft lbs

I think anyone taking a shot at a non stationary bird/rabbit with a standard air rifle has no respect for the quarry

It was a Dove.

• 2 weeks later...

i went out the other week ferreting and there wasn't any thing going on (bad info) but i did have the bsa ultra in the truck and a field of drilled rape shot one out of the tree put it out as decoy ended up with 12. but as for shooting in flight i did fluke it when i was young and silly on a air drome after ferrels.

• 2 weeks later...

tried doin this as akid never hit one then many years later was talking to mate of mine who used to own a gunshop called airgunning today named after his articals he used to wright in the shooting news now the countrymans weekly he told me of young lad that could shoot pidgeons in flight with his airgun with open sights with great consistency becuse no one told him it was impossable tride it again after that but never hit one mate. its not as easy as it looks hitting them with 410s or 28bores