Recently i sold my A.A 410 classic .177 and acquired a Rapid 7 .22 from a friend :clapper: . Now i know it's a very good gun, loads of shots per fill and all that stuff, nice custom stock, better scope than my last one BUT i'm just not loving it yet :icon_redface: . I've had it over a month now and use it at least 3 times a week, taken loads of bunny's and a few woody's but i'm just not confident in it ? I'm not sure whether it's because i've gone back to a .22 or the weight of it or what it is but i'm thinking i shouldn't have to work at loving my new kit :( ? What are other people's thoughts on this ? Thanks in advance

sometimes a gun just dosn't fit you

it could be as simple as that

or the calibre change could be another reason

i think you would have got used to it by know ???

but stick at it mate .....you never know things may just click.

atb

sean

Recently i sold my A.A 410 classic .177 and acquired a Rapid 7 .22 from a friend :clapper: . Now i know it's a very good gun, loads of shots per fill and all that stuff, nice custom stock, better scope than my last one BUT i'm just not loving it yet :icon_redface: . I've had it over a month now and use it at least 3 times a week, taken loads of bunny's and a few woody's but i'm just not confident in it ? I'm not sure whether it's because i've gone back to a .22 or the weight of it or what it is but i'm thinking i shouldn't have to work at loving my new kit :( ? What are other people's thoughts on this ? Thanks in advance

Found this on many occasions, come from a standard type of gun to one that's of a high standard & you then question what you have got, the Rapid will start working for you soon just give it time, Daystate owners get this syndrome when they trade their old AAs in.

foxon.

i would say as above,my shooting partner has just gone from a .22 to .177 but didn't change model so he is happy with that , and he is having the same problem!, but its the caliber with him as i tink it may be with you!, so as been advised give it time buddy and practice makes perfect.and in no time you will be wondering what all the fuss!! was about

regards

Davy

hi i have just got rid of my mk2 rapid with a cs800 stock in .177,lovely gun just fancied a change,,i now have a airwolf in .177,,i asked myself have i done the right thing within a hour or so,but now i have fired a few hundred off,yes right move,i think you just have to shoot the gun more often and then make your decision,,if you havent got any confidence in the gun move onto something else,,airwolf in .177 awesome bit of kit?

hi i have just got rid of my mk2 rapid with a cs800 stock in .177,lovely gun just fancied a change,,i now have a airwolf in .177,,i asked myself have i done the right thing within a hour or so,but now i have fired a few hundred off,yes right move,i think you just have to shoot the gun more often and then make your decision,,if you havent got any confidence in the gun move onto something else,,airwolf in .177 awesome bit of kit?

What sought of ranges are you useing the Airwolf as most of the Lads I know are useing .22 sub 12fltlbs, I had one back along for service & it was quite a Beasty in .22 it was not that good over 35 yards on Rabbit, the denting effect I call it even though it was running @ 11.15 ftlbs, could not get better penertration if I tried, test fired all I could.

foxon.

What sought of ranges are you useing the Airwolf as most of the Lads I know are useing .22 sub 12fltlbs, I had one back along for service & it was quite a Beasty in .22 it was not that good over 35 yards on Rabbit, the denting effect I call it even though it was running @ 11.15 ftlbs, could not get better penertration if I tried, test fired all I could.

foxon.

hi my gun is running at 11.8 with bisley magnums,.177,,,zeroed at 35yds the grouping and penetration against marine ply is superb,mind you i have gone through about a dozen various pellet brands to get this grouping,i took the ply out to 52 paces and i got around a 2 inch drop at point of zero but still the penetration was very good,i use a 1/4 sheet of ply and it was going straight through at both ranges.

foxon.

hi my gun is running at 11.8 with bisley magnums,.177,,,zeroed at 35yds the grouping and penetration against marine ply is superb,mind you i have gone through about a dozen various pellet brands to get this grouping,i took the ply out to 52 paces and i got around a 2 inch drop at point of zero but still the penetration was very good,i use a 1/4 sheet of ply and it was going straight through at both ranges.

That is very good at 52 paces would you estimate your pace as a yard, you must of been a good distance for the 2" drop on the .177 & still goes through the 1/4 ply, many thanks for the data.

foxon.

foxon.

That is very good at 52 paces would you estimate your pace as a yard, you must of been a good distance for the 2" drop on the .177 & still goes through the 1/4 ply, many thanks for the data.

foxon.

yes i paced out 35yds with the 1st target,then i went out to 52 yds or near as damn it paces,i had a drop of about 2 inches but the penetration was enough to go through the quarter ply,but not enough to go through the three quarter marine plywood,but the pellet was well over halfway into the ply,my gun likes the bisleys other airwolfs dont ?

foxon.

Top man I love doing these tests as well, doubt you will be tradeing this one in.

Atb, foxon.

foxon.

yes i paced out 35yds with the 1st target,then i went out to 52 yds or near as damn it paces,i had a drop of about 2 inches but the penetration was enough to go through the quarter ply,but not enough to go through the three quarter marine plywood,but the pellet was well over halfway into the ply,my gun likes the bisleys other airwolfs dont ?

foxon.

foxon.

Top man, I love carrying out these sought of tests, doubt you will be tradeing your Wolf in anytime soon.

Atb, foxon.

i have both a mk 1 rapid 7 and a mk 2 rapid all though lovely guns to shoot the magazine in my opinion lets them down just to fussy slide the cover the wrong way and the spring in the mag unwinds this is a problem which should be addressed imo, unlike the air arms s410 i have which can be loaded easily even in pitch darkness i now have the s510 as well and i mainly use these when out on rabbit hunts unless i need the extra shot capacity of the mk 1 and mk2 rapids mini rant over :D

i have both a mk 1 rapid 7 and a mk 2 rapid all though lovely guns to shoot the magazine in my opinion lets them down just to fussy slide the cover the wrong way and the spring in the mag unwinds this is a problem which should be addressed imo, unlike the air arms s410 i have which can be loaded easily even in pitch darkness i now have the s510 as well and i mainly use these when out on rabbit hunts unless i need the extra shot capacity of the mk 1 and mk2 rapids mini rant over :D

Another Rapid owner has discovered the auto unwind, great when it happens in the middle of a reload & you loose your target, normaly happens in middle of winter with numb fingers pissing with rain & a fadeing headlamp, then I wonder why I did not take up stamp collecting.

foxon.