Thinking about getting a rifle for shooting rabbits which of these 2 do you think is the best. Price wise they are about the same by you buy a silencer for the tx200 andd the h97k has one. Also what scopes would you recomend for them both.

thanks for your opinions.

sorry lads ment the tx 200 think thats a springer as well.

cheers

this is a tough one. the s200 is a pcp (filled up with air then you get about 60 shots before you have to fill it up again) and the hw97k is a springer (its ready to shoot all the time). to be honest mate, they are both really good rifle so handel them in you local gunshop and see which one fits you best. all though if its a first rifle youre getting i would reccomend the hw97k as they are not as much hassle of filling up as a s200.

the tx and hw are both good springers

just dont buy it if ur a 8 stone weakling

as they can get heavey when walking up big hills

my preff is the hw as ive owned 2 and never had any probloms

atb

Hi, mate.

There's not much to seperate the two as regards performance and handling. Both are top class springers.

Best thing to do is try to have a go with both and see what feels best for you.

Either way, you won't go far wrong.

Cheers.

this is a tough one. the s200 is a pcp (filled up with air then you get about 60 shots before you have to fill it up again) and the hw97k is a springer (its ready to shoot all the time). to be honest mate, they are both really good rifle so handel them in you local gunshop and see which one fits you best. all though if its a first rifle youre getting i would reccomend the hw97k as they are not as much hassle of filling up as a s200.

he never mentioned the s200 lol

He did but hes edited it :D

He did but hes edited it :D

i knew that :whistling:

*runs and hides* :p

• 4 weeks later...

I aggree with Andy friend. Both guns are top class springers. Ive owned a HW97K and they are more accurate than most people can shoot them. They are a little heavy but i think this aids the accuracy. If i was you friend id buy the Weirauch if you dont mind carrying a heavier rifle.

Regards

Zini.

I've had both and would choose a TX200hc in .177 any day of the week. Gutted i had to sell mine, totally gutted. They're so much nicer out of the box and when tuned there's very little in it. Also, Weirauch's qulity control on their spring ends has been terrible for the last couple of years.

tx200 is a great gun but extreemly heavy hw97k is great and a touch lighter and imo the better looking gun id rather carry the 97k for the day im quite a well built lad but i think the tx200 would do me in in the sense my arms would get lazy and id start to lose enthusiasm

my stepdad owns both and the tx200 just gathers dust