Harris bipods

When you get one, buy a Podlock for it, very worthwhile investment :yes:

What does the podlock do?

If you get a swivel bipod, which has an adjustment allowing the rifle to be tilted left or right depending on the ground, there's a knurled nut on the bipod which tightens the swivel function holding it in one place. The knurled nut is less than ideal (IMO) for this tightening job. The Podlock if a small handle that replaces the knurled nut, allowing much much easier tightening up of the tilt function :yes:

Thanks, sounds good

If you get a swivel bipod, which has an adjustment allowing the rifle to be tilted left or right depending on the ground, there's a knurled nut on the bipod which tightens the swivel function holding it in one place. The knurled nut is less than ideal (IMO) for this tightening job. The Podlock if a small handle that replaces the knurled nut, allowing much much easier tightening up of the tilt function :yes:

Thanks, sounds good

Cheers, I didn't know either, but got answered before I had a chance to ask!! :thumbs:

Hello, does anyone know where to buy harris bipods from, cheap (I'm a Yorkshireman!) either in the UK or abroad? Also what is the differance between the ones with and without the notched legs, apart from the notches?

Thanks

I have four Harris Bipods, 3x Benchrest swivels, and 1x 9>13" swivel, all very well made.

The 9" one is only any good if you have monkey arms, when laying down it is just to long, the others are fine, sitting up say against a tree the long one is good.

But I never use them for hunting only zeroing, I don't know where you other folks shoot, but around here if I lay on the ground in most places I can only see for about 30 feet!!!

Whatever, don't bother with the fixed type, the swivel is a must, and on the 'bad' side also they unbalance the rifle and stick into you when carrying the rifle around.

All told I'm not a bipod fan, but the Harris make are the dog's, others are just OK.

Thanks, sounds good

Cheers, I didn't know either, but got answered before I had a chance to ask!! :thumbs:

Another vote for the podlock!

I have one and its excellent and very useful and easy to install.

I also vote to get a genuine Harris bipod, with swivel for uneven terrain. :thumbs:

Heres mine on my rifle:

dzulmu.jpg

Edited by elvolcan

Done it at last, changed my mind after listening to you all and gone for the 27 incher, same as bullx. Bought it for around £85 from Cammo Supply as long as I don't get hit with tax on import. Greenfields of Salisbury were the best UK prices. Just need it for Friday now, last minute as normal.

Thanks for all your help.